Screw yuou guys!!!eff off

whikid
10+ year member

HOPEFULLY THE DRAMATIC TITLE WILL GET ME A RESPONSE.........

hi there every one im new on here and was hopeing this would be the placce to find some help.

i recently got back in to car audio and even after 5 years out and being 26 years old , im still chaseing massive low tones haaha.

i started my system with a terminator seiries set up from mtx, consisting of 2 4 ohm mtx 12" subs and one mono block terminator 250/1 amp. it was great but nothing compared to what i remember haveing. {3 jl w3's in a power wedge box wired in parralel with a audiovox prestige 1000w} so alas i started craigs listing for better set ups....

what i found was a rockford fosgate t112d2 for 50$ in great shape. so i made a box very close to website specs , and hooked up my terminator amp to the sub {the sub was wired for 1 ohm at that point} when i turned it up just a little bit... the amp freaked out and started distorting the sub sumthin feirce. i pulled the sub and rewired for 4 ohms....the 2 oohm terminator did fine on that...but at 4 ohms it barl barly pushed that t1 at alll....so i hit the craigs list again...and found an alpine mrp-m350 new in box for 40 bucks.... said it ran great in reviews...i belive even one from thiss site....however im still not able to wire my sub to run 2 ohms due the the fact that it is a dual 2 ohm vc.... i can only do half {1 ohm} or double {4 ohms} so the alpine that can push 350 rms at 2 ohms is now pushing 200 at 4 ohms.... wich is louder than the terminator amp at 4 ohms.... but not enough.... ....

SOOOO heres my question...... i wanna get the most out of this beast of a woofer...i want its 2 ohm capabilitys.... i think iv found a way...

if i run the terminator amp to one side of the vc and the alpine amp to the other side.... id be runing the sub and amps at 2 ohms right? i know the terminator will do 200 rms at 2 ohm, and the alpine 350 rms at 2 ohms..... so what im scared of is mis tuneing the wattage out put to each side of the sub? can any one help walk me through how to tune the 2 diffrent wattage amps to the same wattage? and if they are slightly off ....will it dammage my sub?

best i can figure is turn the terminator all the way up for its full 200 and try to match it with the alpine? the t112d2 can hold a steady 600 rms at 1 ohm i belive? mabe 2 ...but either way 400 would be just right i think.

any help or opinions would be great.... the only other thing iv thaught is to buy and exact other alpine amp..but id like to get away with the 2 i already have.

tl;dr
"too long; didn't read."

1. The inability to accept, understand or pay attention to information when not separated by a header.

2. The ability to arbitrarily read 400 small posts but not a long one.

3. A sign of ADD or lack of reading capability.

4. A very cheap response and an indication of lack of wit.

5. 90% of the time: A lie.

6. A desperate attempt at a comeback used by people who just can't think of one.

7. Usually used by people who've been torn apart verbally but want one last attempt at looking witty.

8. Total failure at #7.

7. A sign that, not only is someone too lazy and stupid to read but, clearly, too lazy and stupid to even type out four words indicating such.

9. Collect every "tl,dr" post online, and you'll have a good estimate of the number of lazy idiots on Earth, who currently have Internet access.

10. Should really be:

"Too Lazy, Don't Read."

or,

".....I got nut'n!"
truf

if i run the terminator amp to one side of the vc and the alpine amp to the other side.... id be runing the sub and amps at 2 ohms right?
this will not end well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Don't do it. I don't even know how to start telling you why. Just don't. Find something that pushes around 800 watts @ 1 ohm and just buy that, check our classifieds, you can find a lot of great deals.

and you know its funny when i had myu thread titled rf t1 d212 i got no hits....i title it that and get a ton of hits imidiatly

beyond trying the alpine at 1 ohm..... if i was to find an exact match of the alpine amp i have.... there shouldent be anything wrong with powering each side of the vc with a seperate amp....as long as i could match em right?

yeaaaaah.... im pritty broke right now.....do you guys think my alpine will run 1 ohm if i tune it down a bit?
The amp isn't 1 ohm stable. Putting it at a 1 ohm load could damage it no matter what your gain is set at.

Just save up some money and buy a better amp

hmmm........ its not gona hurt the sub to run it at 2 ohms via 2 seprate amps....as long as their matched and thats what im scared of with the 2 diffrent amp brands. but if i get gully and do it today ill take a vid. im gona go pawn shoping for another alpine amp mrp=m350

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.