School is about to start

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
Ok, school is around the corner. I need a nice amp to push 3 HX2 12s. I had a ugly pyramid i got for free from my cousin to just put some kind of power to them. Now its time to push my subs. I really dont kno what amp to get. I thought about the BD1500 but i have been hearing Fosgate amps arent as good and breaks and stuff like that. Then i thought about the JBL 1200.1 hooked up to 2 of em. and the JBL 600.1 to the other. I dont know though. I am open to any suggestions. umm, im willing to spend up to 500. maybe a lil more. Definatly less if i can find something.

well i'd say the bd1500.1 will push them rather well. good luck on finding it for less than 500 though typically RF stuff is really expensive no idea on price of that amp though. anyway, whoever you talked to that said RF amps aren't that good and break easily is an idiot.

adam

i mean, dont get me wrong. im not an idiot myself and believe what everyone says. I kno a lil about car audio or wha eva and i kno RF is a good company. I just didnt know about their new amps. But if they dont tend to break easily or wha eva, i think i'll go with them. By the way, my subs or dual 4 ohm. Is that a problem for that amp?

just wire them in series and get like a 2.67 ohm load. other option is like a .5 ohm load or around that and goodbye amp if you do that. also RF amps are great, subs are another story.

adam

hey hey hey, i have 3 punch hx2 12s and i like them so far. They are exactly what i wanted. More SPL than SQ. but still have a lil and dont sound like a*s. but so far, i like my hx2s. or were you talking about a different brand? also, i been thinking bout selling my hx2s and buying some strokers. how does that sound? and is there something i dont kno about my hx2s yet, since u said subs are a differ story?

i'll put it this way with my personal experience with HX2's. a friend of mine had 3 of them hooked up to a 1000.1bd RF amp, then he got rid of 1 and just ran the 2. at the time i was running 2 HE2's in my Jimmy and we decided to see if his HX2's would sound better than my HE2's. 1 his HX2 sounded worse in my opinion 2, they couldn't handle the power like my HE2's could. RF slaps together the subs they make now that's the problem with them. i used to have all RF stuff in my car excluding h/u which has always been pioneer, i learned there was much better sounding stuff out there than RF subs so i returned mine. the 1 thing to think about with your amp and sub selection is that the RMS is only 500 on those subs and that amp will put out at least 1500 watts, so your gonna be running them at a constant 500ish watts give or take about 100 so that might work them way too hard. like i said i hooked my friends up on my amp and they were popping when my HE2's weren't.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.