SAZ-1500D Protect Light Coming On, but not going into protect....

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Noticed it as soon as I hooked it up. Takes a couple minutes of bass, then the protect light starts to come on and off. Then it goes on solid and stays on, but I can still play music just fine, the bass doesn't seem different. The amp is getting stereo input from the deck, don't know if that matters.. I don't really know whats going on... My first guess is its not getting enough amperage.

Last edited by a moderator:
take a voltage reading at the amp power and ground terminals with it off, on, not playing, and then playing and when it protects. also, ohm the speakers.
The speakers are two dual 4 ohm subs, wired to 1ohm but they are 1.4ohm on my DMM

I still have my old cap hooked up, the voltage on the cap display is 14.2 and dips to 12 at the worst. But I think the cap is just bumping voltage up, but there isn't enough current on the line to supply the heavy loads. I haven't had a chance to redo my electrical system yet, and I am getting huge headlight dimming. I believe the main line from the batt is 6awg but I don't know for sure, il dig around and check it today when I get the voltage readings. If the amp is in any danger what so ever, or if its just not good for it, I wont hesitate to go back to my Xplod until I get a proper electrical system. Its stock batt, stock alt, 6awg main power line, and a 2ferrad cap (not like it does anything for an amp of this size) But then again I don't know what im talking about so who knows

Il post the rest of the info soon

The speakers are two dual 4 ohm subs, wired to 1ohm but they are 1.4ohm on my DMMI still have my old cap hooked up, the voltage on the cap display is 14.2 and dips to 12 at the worst. But I think the cap is just bumping voltage up, but there isn't enough current on the line to supply the heavy loads. I haven't had a chance to redo my electrical system yet, and I am getting huge headlight dimming. I believe the main line from the batt is 6awg but I don't know for sure, il dig around and check it today when I get the voltage readings. If the amp is in any danger what so ever, or if its just not good for it, I wont hesitate to go back to my Xplod until I get a proper electrical system. Its stock batt, stock alt, 6awg main power line, and a 2ferrad cap (not like it does anything for an amp of this size) But then again I don't know what im talking about so who knows

Il post the rest of the info soon
Thats probably a good idea. I bet your voltage is dipping pretty low.

Thats probably a good idea. I bet your voltage is dipping pretty low.
Played "Beats 4 my van" today, smelled the glue burning. Saved the subs, rewired them to 12 gauge series and went back to my xplod. Almost lost em Q_Q

Played "Beats 4 my van" today, smelled the glue burning. Saved the subs, rewired them to 12 gauge series and went back to my xplod. Almost lost em Q_Q
demotivational-posters-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

I wish I were trollin lol. I have the amp set to 34V on a 1.4ohm load. so ~900W rms. I could smell the subs, went back to the xplod 500RMS same song, over heated the subs. Only explanation is the song hits to low, over heating the subs.. no subsonic on the xplod. so no playing that song

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.