SAZ-1000 or US Amps MD2D or RE XTX-3000.1 on a JL 12W6V2

mr b
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK please no RE bashing lol.

I am getting a sweet deal on these amps and need to run a single JL W6V2 in a JL slotted box.

WHICH ONEN TO GET????

USED SAZ-1000 $150.00

USED US MD2D $135.00

BRAND NEW XTX3000.1 $210.00

I am really into bass but SQL is equally important. I have a stock 110 amp alternator so an efficient amp would be great.

I know there is a heavy Sundown contingency here but has anyone used either of the others or have any solid real life advice?

My current setup uses a RE Audio VLX1DE amp and it hits sweet. I am now setting up my other car with the same JL 12W6V2 and want to pickup one of these amps listed above. Please help a brother out in deciding which to use.

Personally, I've never owned it, but I'd go with the US Amps. Sundown choice #2 . The RE? It's the most expensive and most likely won't come close to rated.

Keep in mind, too, that Sundown's CS is bombdotcom...

The third amp is the RE. Since I haven't met anyone with an RE XTX, I am a little concerned. I think it's the Sundown for sure. The US MD2D is way to big for the back of my seat.

Bass knob = meh. It's not a volume knob and you could jack your amp up hardcore if you misuse it. Once you set that W6 right, you won't want to adjust it anyway.

Bass knob = meh. It's not a volume knob and you could jack your amp up hardcore if you misuse it. Once you set that W6 right, you won't want to adjust it anyway.
One more question, he was running it at 1 ohm on a factory civic electrical system. Should I be concerned?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

what is your budget?
Under 200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.