salas868 - Sketchy at best

Sounds like you got screwed. Sent money as a gift and cant even provide proof that he shipped it. Now saying his accts got hacked. Sorry man but sounds like dude is a scammer.

Who ships something and doesnt even get a receipt from the P.O:confused:

I call complete BS that he states he never got a recipt, EVERY Post Office or any third party place that does USPS transactions has the same Point of Sales machines as a sanctioned USPS office and all of them print out a recipt after every transaction.

Just like every government ran office that money passes hands there is a paper trail of some sort.

Either he lost it or he never shipped it.

I call complete BS that he states he never got a recipt, EVERY Post Office or any third party place that does USPS transactions has the same Point of Sales machines as a sanctioned USPS office and all of them print out a recipt after every transaction.
Just like every government ran office that money passes hands there is a paper trail of some sort.

Either he lost it or he never shipped it.
for real, like in this day and age you get a reciept for everything.

surely if he had to go to the post office twice to pay postage, he should have some proof.

ok so on May 25th i send salas868 payment for a sony amp (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/513647-sony-xm-4020-cheap.html) and ipod nano (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/513652-5th-generation-ipod-nano-8-gig.html).
he PM's me on june 7th saying he forgot to ship the package and will get it out soon

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and the delay was because he had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd, explaining that this delay was because he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

here we are july 25th and after trying to contact him again asking for the 3rd or 4th time for a tracking # or some proof of shipment, i still don't have my amp and ipod.

i sent payment as a paypal gift, so I'm not sure if I have the same buyer protection if i would have sent it as purchase of goods. either way i guess its time to open up a paypal dispute and see what I can do if salas868 continues to fail to communicate or ship my package.
The EXACT same thing happened to me in spring with this guy....he had some mb quartz qsd crossover's that i bought from him and a couple of weeks passed and he said he shipped it and it turns out after having to bug him he said something happened at the post office like he had to pay more money or something or they didnt recognize the address or some ********.....so after about three weeks I asked for a refund and luckily I got it........hope it goes ok with you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

NMLegend19

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
NMLegend19
Albuquerque, NM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies