salas868 - Sketchy at best

NMLegend19
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so on May 25th i send salas868 payment for a sony amp (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/513647-sony-xm-4020-cheap.html) and ipod nano (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/513652-5th-generation-ipod-nano-8-gig.html).

he PM's me on june 7th saying he forgot to ship the package and will get it out soon

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and the delay was because he had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd, explaining that this delay was because he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

here we are july 25th and after trying to contact him again asking for the 3rd or 4th time for a tracking # or some proof of shipment, i still don't have my amp and ipod.

i sent payment as a paypal gift, so I'm not sure if I have the same buyer protection if i would have sent it as purchase of goods. either way i guess its time to open up a paypal dispute and see what I can do if salas868 continues to fail to communicate or ship my package.

ok so on May 25th i send salas868 payment for a sony amp (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/513647-sony-xm-4020-cheap.html) and ipod nano (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/513652-5th-generation-ipod-nano-8-gig.html).
he PM's me on june 7th saying he forgot to ship the package and will get it out soon

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd saying he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

here we are july 25th and after trying to contact him again asking for the 3rd or 4th time for a tracking # or some proof of shipment, i still don't have my amp and ipod.

i sent payment as a paypal gift, so I'm not sure if I have the same buyer protection if i would have sent it as purchase of goods. either way i guess its time to open up a paypal dispute and see what I can do if salas868 continues to fail to communicate or ship my package.
He's local to me I'll hit him up and see what the deal is..

"Guy on ca said you didn't ship the amp or the ipod and he's gonna file a pp claim"

"Cool. I did ship it. He can fuck off. Someone stole my caraudio.com account and my paypal account so I can't even do anything."

yeah man didn't you reply in one of those for sale threads saying you would try to talk to him? i know he's been on here cause of the last activity online thing on the profile.

ugh ok...it just seems like its taking a REALLY long time if he did send it around like june 12 right??
That's what he said. I texted him asking if he could provide ANY proof and he has yet to reply (that was over an hour ago). He said his paypal is locked, and it was but that was like sometime back a while in spring, I'm pretty sure it was back up again. Idk it sounds kinda sketchy I don't like to admit it cause he's really my only local buddy who is into this stuff but he actually sold me a deka 9a31 and it turned out to be a dying deka. Unfortunately I didn't find out until like 2 months in advance so I couldn't really do much about it.

Sounds like you got screwed. Sent money as a gift and cant even provide proof that he shipped it. Now saying his accts got hacked. Sorry man but sounds like dude is a scammer.

Who ships something and doesnt even get a receipt from the P.O:confused:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

NMLegend19

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
NMLegend19
Albuquerque, NM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied