SA X-18 ported - 7 cubes @ 32hz

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Oh ok. That's up the state. Been to Orlando and Kissimmee areas. Your up near LosIsATool

Lets get ya some real help here @CSCStang

I agree with Hertz Mafia. He ran 4 of those same subs for a short time.[/QUOTE]

Oh true, I wonder if he ran aeroports or a slot.. I was planning on using 6" pvc. The closest I can get to a port ratio of 9 is with 6 4" ports which would be 10.7

Oh true, I wonder if he ran aeroports or a slot.. I was planning on using 6" pvc. The closest I can get to a port ratio of 9 is with 6 4" ports which would be 10.7
Maybe an octoport? I have no idea....but he'll respond soon, hopefully. Aeroports willl take up less displacement than traditional ones. Plus overall better than straight pipe o/s ones too.

Maybe an octoport? I have no idea....but he'll respond soon, hopefully. Aeroports willl take up less displacement than traditional ones. Plus overall better than straight pipe o/s ones too.
Could do an octoport.. an octo with 4" sides gives me 9.35 port area per foot and 7.83 net cubes.. should I bring the net cubes down?

Recommended port area on the Sundown site is 112" and this setup has 113"....
That only works for slot. Aeros are completely different you do not go by that unless you want to destroy and tear up your sub mechanically.

Try to squeeze a bit more out of that octo and use .5 inch wood instead of .75 and you should be good.octos aren't as efficient as round ports so you might need slightly higher than 9. 10 to 11 port per foot would be good

That only works for slot. Aeros are completely different you do not go by that unless you want to destroy and tear up your sub mechanically.
Try to squeeze a bit more out of that octo and use .5 inch wood instead of .75 and you should be good.octos aren't as efficient as round ports so you might need slightly higher than 9. 10 to 11 port per foot would be good
word that's easy to adjust, i'm thinking about making the box a bit smaller or adding more bracing so it's not almost 8 cubes for the 1 18

Shoot for 7 net after all displacements. One 9.5x19.5" octo will give you 10.13" port per with 32.12ish tuning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

keep the height from floorboard to where you'll sit minimal, might require some molding to the trans hump

going to be hard with an 18 so im interested to see what you do

keep the height from floorboard to where you'll sit minimal, might require some molding to the trans hump
going to be hard with an 18 so im interested to see what you do
my last box was fiber-glassed to the floorboard so that it would fit under the seat and maximize airspace so i'm no stranger to the humps. The sides of the "box" where the seats will be won't be part of the airspace, but they may have port(S) running through them. The plan is to make the seats somewhere around stock height and basically use the sub box part as an armrest since it will be taller than the seats.

You are using the diameter of a circle to draw these conclusions which is absolutely wrong.
Bro he knows what he's talking about. He's right... if you are mr. Know it all why are you even asking in the first place if everyone is wrong and you are right?

Bro he knows what he's talking about. He's right... if you are mr. Know it all why are you even asking in the first place if everyone is wrong and you are right?
port area of an octagon with 9.5" i.d. = 63.45.. Port area of a circle with a diameter of 9.5 = 70.88

He clearly used the circle dimensions as shown here. With octagon dimensions you end up with a lower ratio, less airspace due to thicker walls, and higher tuning. I would have gladly accepted suggestions if they were correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.