SA-12 Chrome and Black magnet?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello everyone. So today i received my 2 sa12 rv3 i got from amazon through WoofersEtc. I didnt notice at first but after looking at them i seen one sub had a black magnet and it says SA12 Classic on it, and the other one is just chrome with no writing on it. They both came sealed both of the boxes said they were rv3, but are they really? I read on another forum one might be a different rev but they can still be used on the same box?

Hello everyone. So today i received my 2 sa12 rv3 i got from amazon through WoofersEtc. I didnt notice at first but after looking at them i seen one sub had a black magnet and it says SA12 Classic on it, and the other one is just chrome with no writing on it. They both came sealed both of the boxes said they were rv3, but are they really? I read on another forum one might be a different rev but they can still be used on the same box?
Did one of the caps fall off? If not then yeah I'm dubious. Mine taking a photo of them?

Edit:
According to: https://www.down4soundshop.com/sundown-audio-sa-classic-series-12-d2/
"These are basically identical to the "v1 / Rev3" SA series but with a black motor (so, yes, you can mix them). We received an outpouring from fans of the "original" SA with the release of the full v.2 model so we listened and have brought this model out to fill in at that price point!"

Also on their website: https://sundownaudio.com/lv/sa/subwoofers/sa-series/

"Here at Sundown Audio we take feedback from customers and dealers seriously. With the launch of the SA v.2 woofers we heard a lot of call to also keep the old version for lower depth / lower cost applications — so we did that via the “Classic” SA. Still available in 10s and 12s it is essentially the SA v.1 Rev.3 but with a black motor finish. We even squeezed in an upgrade… the motor is bolted together for enhanced long-term durability! "

Eh, manufacturers know what they're talking about, I wouldn't sweat it personally.

Last edited:
The classic is a smaller coil 750 rms woofer.
The v2 is a larger coil 1000 rms woofer.

Are you trying to buy the all new V2s or the older 750 rms models?

You paid for matching subwoofers. Send that **** back for a refund and buy from Sundown directly.

The classic is a smaller coil 750 rms woofer.
The v2 is a larger coil 1000 rms woofer.

You paid for matching subwoofers. Send that **** back for a refund and buy from Sundown directly.
He didn't get a v2, he got two v1's. One being SA Classic and one being the old v.1 rev3 which is the model the classic is mimicking, they're both rev 3 equivalent.

Both of his are categorized in the SA Classic 12" tab.

Attachments

• 20200502_154937.jpg
    20200502_154937.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 233
He just paid $450 for two matching subwoofers. I don't care if the TS specs were identical they should be matching subwoofers.
Not entirely sure if he'll be able to get a return on that. I'd advise telling them that they're mounting them inverted so the look of them matters as much as the performance, because they're going to argue him on that one if it's not about the looks.

That's if he wants to go through the hassle for the look of a magnet cap.

He just paid $450 for two matching subwoofers. I don't care if the TS specs were identical they should be matching subwoofers.
for real what if he wanted to invert mount them.
i've heard horror stories about woofers etc. personally I got my sa 12 v1 rev 3's from them for 200 each and didn't have a problem. plus the chrome motors are just so sexy

Did one of the caps fall off? If not then yeah I'm dubious. Mine taking a photo of them?

Edit:
According to: https://www.down4soundshop.com/sundown-audio-sa-classic-series-12-d2/
"These are basically identical to the "v1 / Rev3" SA series but with a black motor (so, yes, you can mix them). We received an outpouring from fans of the "original" SA with the release of the full v.2 model so we listened and have brought this model out to fill in at that price point!"

Also on their website: https://sundownaudio.com/lv/sa/subwoofers/sa-series/

"Here at Sundown Audio we take feedback from customers and dealers seriously. With the launch of the SA v.2 woofers we heard a lot of call to also keep the old version for lower depth / lower cost applications — so we did that via the “Classic” SA. Still available in 10s and 12s it is essentially the SA v.1 Rev.3 but with a black motor finish. We even squeezed in an upgrade… the motor is bolted together for enhanced long-term durability! "

Eh, manufacturers know what they're talking about, I wouldn't sweat it personally.
Yea im pretty sure sundown people know what they are talking about to say we could run those together, so i should be good? But ill give woofersetc a call monday and tell them to see what they can do. I paid for the chrome magnet ones. They also jumped the price from 199 to 225.

Yea im pretty sure sundown people know what they are talking about to say we could run those together, so i should be good? But ill give woofersetc a call monday and tell them to see what they can do. I paid for the chrome magnet ones. They also jumped the price from 199 to 225.
In my opinion it's mostly a personal preference thing. I would be annoyed they'd assume it didn't matter to me, but not to the point of demanding a return unless I really did think I'd ever mount them inverted. Even then I'm not out there making demo cars so who cares what they look like in the trunk. It also depends on the look of the box it came in. If the boxes look the same then I doubt woofersetc have any say about it, sundown would deserve the blame in that case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.