Found this today. Any reviews?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex10000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Moving family I was awarded this treasure. Dual 10" jbl box. Gonna test it soon

I've been gone a while, no idea what this stuff is even worth
It's a prefab box from a name brand. As Slo_Ride said it's better than nothing. It'll get someone into the hobby, but the price they charge at stores is more to do with how how much room they take up in inventory and how much it costs to ship them. They're made of MDF, probably 5/8" and that one doesn't look particularly well sealed. Let us know what model the subwoofers are, but they look like an early variant of the 1010 which is one of their cheapest 10" models. Used I'd say the whole thing is worth 50 bucks, but it'll give you more than 50 bucks worth of entertainment if you don't have anything else. If it is the 1010 series you'll need either a 1, 4, or 8 ohm class D amp with about 450W or slightly more RMS power at one of those impedance values.

Before you go through the trouble of making plans with it though, test the subs with a battery at the terminal. Both of them should move an equal amount that's visible with as little as a double A battery. With a 9v they'll thump. If one isn't moving then you'll need new subs and at that point I'd say scrap the box and make your own for way superior performance and not much money.

Last edited:
It's a prefab box from a name brand. As Slo_Ride said it's better than nothing. It'll get someone into the hobby, but the price they charge at stores is more to do with how how much room they take up in inventory and how much it costs to ship them. They're made of MDF, probably 5/8" and that one doesn't look particularly well sealed. Let us know what model the subwoofers are, but they look like an early variant of the 1010 which is one of their cheapest 10" models. Used I'd say the whole thing is worth 50 bucks, but it'll give you more than 50 bucks worth of entertainment if you don't have anything else. If it is the 1010 series you'll need either a 1, 4, or 8 ohm class D amp with about 450W or slightly more RMS power at one of those impedance values.

Before you go through the trouble of making plans with it though, test the subs with a battery at the terminal. Both of them should move an equal amount that's visible with as little as a double A battery. With a 9v they'll thump. If one isn't moving then you'll need new subs and at that point I'd say scrap the box and make your own for way superior performance and not much money.
You Drinking or on The Bowl?? Doesnt look properly sealed?? Looks like a Ported enclosure to me??

You Drinking or on The Bowl?? Doesnt look properly sealed?? Looks like a Ported enclosure to me??
I put sealant in both ported and sealed boxes, don't you?

It looked like a bandpass to me, I guess I shouldn't have used "sealed" to mean "sealed with sealant" when referring to an enclosure lol.

Last edited:
I put sealant in both ported and sealed boxes, don't you?

It looked like a bandpass to me, I guess I shouldn't have used "sealed" to mean "sealed with sealant" when referring to an enclosure lol.
Lol. Been in this hobby since 1985 ish. Have seen and heard things that bring my attention to a good stomach roll. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.