S10 Door Panel Speaker Pods

91Chevy
10+ year member

Resident Metalhead
Well, I finally got seriously started on these door pods today. Lots of pictures!

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Wooden dowel attached with GRATUITOUS AMMOUNTS of Hot Glue and Epoxy.

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

Some pictures with the t-shirt stretched over it.

More progress at a later date. I have to go out to dinner tonight and I don’t think my girlfriend would appreciate me smelling of fiberglass. :p

Lemme know what you all think!

There was a map pocket in the area that is missing on the door panel. Rather than remove the entire lower portion of the door panel, I just removed the map pocket.

Ya the map pockets are ugly. Don't know if you saw mine or not, it's the way most people do them. I used 1/4" hardboard cut to shape. Then you attach t-nuts to the board and the screws attach through from the back of the door panel.

Cool, I'll do that next time :p I'm happy with how they are at the moment to be honest, but I do appreciate everybody's input.

Update: Got some mat on it. I would like to put one more layer, then bondo and paint it. Some pics of it in rough shape:

IMAGE_134.jpg

IMAGE_135.jpg

Looking good. Is this your first fg project? What are you going to finish them with?
Yes, this is my first time ever fiber glassing. To finish it, I've got some spray paint that is the same color as my truck, so I think I'm just gonna use that. I wanted to cover it in some material, but nobody in this crappy town stocks what I want:crazy:

Yes, this is my first time ever fiber glassing. To finish it, I've got some spray paint that is the same color as my truck, so I think I'm just gonna use that. I wanted to cover it in some material, but nobody in this crappy town stocks what I want:crazy:

Lots of sanding in your future I see lol. Looking good so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lots of sanding in your future I see lol. Looking good so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh yes. Luckily we have an orbital sander with a 60gallon air compressor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Final layer of fiberglass is on. Gave them a freaking good sanding. Body Filler will be applied on Sunday. Hopefully get them ready for either paint or material by the end of Sunday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.