Russian project by "Ural Sound"

Participant count
  • Participant list

X-Drive

Russia
Hello! I'm from Russia and I want to show our project on the components of "Ural Sound".

Flat wall:

8 subwoofers Ural Ultimatum 12 "

8 Amplifiers Ural Decibel 1.3500

Front Acoustics

16 speakers Ural Decibel 8 "

16 drivers Ural Patriot SPL Extreme

16 Twitters Ural Patriot PT-60 Neo

Amplifiers for frontal acoustics

2 amplifiers Ural Patriot 2.1200

2 amplifiers Ural Decibel 4.150

Batteries Lithium LTO 240 Ah

Alternator 320 A

SPL - 162.8 dB

NoMrzQf7V2c.jpg

SRBtVsAp8uE.jpg

vmnV_I_dJFI.jpg

5ZTso_J08wA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy in Russia. Batteries made in China.36 pcs, each of 2.3 V and 40 Ah

Tm_iO36imzE.jpg

Very nice. I am actually getting ready to buy some of those cells and I'm very happy you posted this.

At what voltage do you charge them? How low does voltage sag with burp? With music?

Would you build the same battery bank again? Use more cells? Use less?

I would very much appreciate your experience with these.

SSBHZLZiH5I.jpg

charging voltage 15.5 V

batteries are collected in a section of 6 pcs.

With a consumption of 18 kW, the voltage sags to 14.5 V

We use these batteries for 3 months until everything is OK

Last edited by a moderator:
charging voltage 15.5 V

batteries are collected in a section of 6 pcs.

With a consumption of 18 kW, the voltage sags to 14.5 V

We use these batteries for 3 months until everything is OK
Very nice. I will be ordering some of these cells this week for myself and my brother.

Very nice. I will be ordering some of these cells this week for myself and my brother.
The fortuitous timing of this thread for you...
And thanks for the tip, BTW. I believe you've helped me nail down part of the solution for big boy electrical, I'll just need to hunt down a proper charger for care & maintenance over the long run. It's important to keep the cells balanced.

The fortuitous timing of this thread for you...
And thanks for the tip, BTW. I believe you've helped me nail down part of the solution for big boy electrical, I'll just need to hunt down a proper charger for care & maintenance over the long run. It's important to keep the cells balanced.
I know, right? Looks like these cells are going to work out to about the same money as I was going to pay for the A123 LiFePO4 cells and while the C rating isn't quite as high on discharge I wasn't planning on redlining my battery bank anyway and by all accounts no matter what you're doing you can expect 10X the life out of LTO according to everything I've read so far.

It seems that guys who are trying to balance these are doing it with supercapacitor balancing boards. That said, I'm not sure how much I really trust any of that. Considering the current that these jokers need to handle for our applications what do you suppose an actual BMS that would pass 2000A would look like?

I figure I'll just pull the cells and test them individually every 6 months or so and if anything looks out of spec throw it away and replace it as needed. From what I've read the LTO technology is a lot more stable/reliable than other lithium and they're even much more tolerant of constant charging or trickle charging (basically what driving will be doing).

As it stands even if you kill them in only3-4 years it's no more money than LiFePO4 or AGM under most favorable conditions.

The big drawbacks I see are weight and size (not nearly as good as LiFePO4 still far better than AGM) and oddball voltage (will need to externally regulate most likely), and slightly lower discharge C rating (10 as opposed to as high as 40 on the better LiFePO4). Still I didn't really plan to push either far beyond 5C.

Big plus is huge life reasonable cost and strong cold weather performance which is important up here. The fact that OPs bank is hanging with 28K pretty much tells me all I need to know. From here the only risk I see is sending Western Union to China, but it seems like a pretty legit seller I'm looking at, so fingers crossed on 2500$ that I have no way to recover if something goes south.

I know, right? Looks like these cells are going to work out to about the same money as I was going to pay for the A123 LiFePO4 cells and while the C rating isn't quite as high on discharge I wasn't planning on redlining my battery bank anyway and by all accounts no matter what you're doing you can expect 10X the life out of LTO according to everything I've read so far.
It seems that guys who are trying to balance these are doing it with supercapacitor balancing boards. That said, I'm not sure how much I really trust any of that. Considering the current that these jokers need to handle for our applications what do you suppose an actual BMS that would pass 2000A would look like?

I figure I'll just pull the cells and test them individually every 6 months or so and if anything looks out of spec throw it away and replace it as needed. From what I've read the LTO technology is a lot more stable/reliable than other lithium and they're even much more tolerant of constant charging or trickle charging (basically what driving will be doing).

As it stands even if you kill them in only3-4 years it's no more money than LiFePO4 or AGM under most favorable conditions.

The big drawbacks I see are weight and size (not nearly as good as LiFePO4 still far better than AGM) and oddball voltage (will need to externally regulate most likely), and slightly lower discharge C rating (10 as opposed to as high as 40 on the better LiFePO4). Still I didn't really plan to push either far beyond 5C.

Big plus is huge life reasonable cost and strong cold weather performance which is important up here. The fact that OPs bank is hanging with 28K pretty much tells me all I need to know. From here the only risk I see is sending Western Union to China, but it seems like a pretty legit seller I'm looking at, so fingers crossed on 2500$ that I have no way to recover if something goes south.
Strong points you make on replacment versus balancing, I can dig it. I shouldn't even need that many since I don't see myself ever breaking through the 5K mark for power, regardless of what amp(s).
I hope everything goes well with your purchase.

Strong points you make on replacment versus balancing, I can dig it. I shouldn't even need that many since I don't see myself ever breaking through the 5K mark for power, regardless of what amp(s).
I hope everything goes well with your purchase.

I'm optimistic on how those batteries will work, now just fighting over price, shipping options, and similar. Bus bars will need to be built but there's some reasonably priced copper bar to be had here in the states.

It might get rough in a month or two if the 23% tariffs on Chinese batteries happens though. By my estimation if these LTOs do only half as well as advertised they'll be great for car audio (apart from dealing with oddball voltage). Oh, and the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards just going up to 18V in the Jeep. 240AH at 18V will be less than 80AH JY or Limitless 14V. Really I think if one's alternator is up for the job I'm thinking charging 19V is optimum configuration for these 7 series and just put a terminal at 5 series to run your 12V factory stuff, head unit, etc.

You guys can thank me later for being the guinea pig here in USA on this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.