Running two extra batteries, this is complicated...

bunkerking09
10+ year member

Current Status: Win
Alright, I hope this all comes out correctly, so here goes...

1. I will be running two extra Yellowtops in my truck behind the seats

2. My sub woofer amp has DUAL POWER AND GROUND INPUTS (its a DDZ1)

So, my question is...

can i run two runs of + from my front battery, sending one run to each battery, then sending each + run from the two batteries to the amp?

OR

do i need to send both runs to each battery?

you can do either or. In the end, it will all be connected in parallel.

For efficiency you may want to connect one run between the 2 rear batteries as well.

you can do either or. In the end, it will all be connected in parallel.For efficiency you may want to connect one run between the 2 rear batteries as well.
well see i wanted to keep the install really clean looking, so i was thinking about buying 4 stinger battery terminals to keep it good looking, but now i dono //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

if it's all parallel, then one to each batt is the same as 2 to one batt.

and i would also connect the rear batts together

You can wire it up that way, I have 6 batterys in the bed and only have 2 runs of 0 guage but mine are all wire in parallel + to - and so forth. Depending on how much power you are running why not just link the batterys toghter and make 1 run of 0 guage from the front battery to the 2 in the back.

You can wire it up that way, I have 6 batterys in the bed and only have 2 runs of 0 guage but mine are all wire in parallel + to - and so forth. Depending on how much power you are running why not just link the batterys toghter and make 1 run of 0 guage from the front battery to the 2 in the back.
wire them in series, then the last batt in the series run to the amp.

WHOAAAAAA

DO NOT run these is series. Series will result in bat 1+bat 2+bat 3 voltage.

THIS IS 36V. THIS IS NOT CORRECT

Hood Battery Positive to rear battery positive, rear battery positive to 2nd rear positive.

This is correct.

diagram.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.