Running subs at a 0.5 load daily?

the sundowns are guaranteed at .5=). great choice in amps but also what the sundown dude said man if you run the subs down to .5 you have warranty on those bad boys(sundowns are great).
Sundowns aren't warrantied to 0.5ohm anymore and haven't been for a while. They will play all day @ 0.5ohm though. I'm running my pair @ 0.5ohm each with zero problems. They don't even get warm to the touch. Make sure your electrical is up to par since I've seen my amplifiers pull 290a of current each @ 0.5ohm (after rise). In their current install I'm getting rise to 1.54ohms and current draw is 460a for the pair. Thats a lot of juice so be prepared to feed them cause consistent low voltage will fry your amp.

See, thats the thing, I was not too concerned about the amps, having already having one, and knowing how they are, and what they can do, my concern was with the current going into the subs. Heres a break down of my planned electrical......

300 HO

(2) 0/1 runs of Kicker Hyperflex

(2) Deka G31s in the trunk.

I ran my plans by Sundowz a few months ago, and he said that this would be fine for what I was considering, should not be a problem with the amps.

I had heard a thing where it was bad to run at .5 ohm daily because it feeds your subs more DC current or something like that. Im a lil bit of a newb in a sence with this area of car audio, if you cant tell lol. But I do apperciate all the input.

300 HO

(2) 0/1 runs of Kicker Hyperflex

(2) Deka G31s in the trunk.
You won't have a problem w/ a pair of 1500s @ 0.5ohm each on that electrical. I'm currently running a 160a alt, 2/0 wire, and a pair of G31s and even on the longest hardest hitting bass note I only drop to 11.8volts and never below.

no man your subs are fine, reread my post before. all you need is a half way decent sub( that doesn't come stock with shitty terminals i.e. half the shitty no name subs and the bigger speaker you get the more it can take it) this is why i think you are more then fine running it in day to day use( because the sundowns are bad ****ing ass, even if there not warrantied to .5 anymore) the sub will take it tho, the amps WILL take it, the electrical system in your car will hate you tell the end of its days!!

the resistance changes every time the coil sees powerheat causes resistance and amps cause heat (to the coils)

inductive reasoning should help you figure out my point...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I know this, hence me saying (All intensive purposes). Also, DC Resistance changes to AC impedance when a sinusoidal wave form is passed through a resistor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.