Running ssa evil 6.5 on non active capable head unit

Looking at replacing my digital designs 6.5 components and wanted to try the ssa evil 6.5 mid and tweeter setup. I have a Kenwood head unit with a 13 band eq and a pioneer 2 channel amp with enough power to run these. Would i have any trouble running these speakers with my current setup?

I wouldnt at all. Without a mid low pass filter to prevent the midrange from playing tweeter frequencies, things will sound like complete @ss with both mid and tweets playing the same frequencies.

The whole thing is a horrible idea and major downgrade in SQ. Unless you get an active capable headunit

You may be able to use the passive crossover from the DD component set you have now on a 2-channel amplifier for the SSA speakers. If you have the know how, a 4-channel or another 2-channel amplifier, and at least a HU that has the ability to run an active setup, than using an active crossover where it splits the high frequency signals for the tweeter and low fequency signals for the woofer before the amplifier will work nicely for SQ.

What is the RMS power rating of your amplifier? Also call SSA and check with them. They would know best what power will work best and also help you with a crossover for those speakers.

Thing is, whatever they recommend crossover wise goes out the when the window when you shove it in a car door. Along with how your tweeter needs for a good blend. I would not chance it vs a for sure excellent upgrade with the active route. Trying out different passive crossovers is a giant crapshoot/lottery.

Crossover point control is superior over EQ adjustments when it comes to making a smooth blend between mid and tweets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.