running speaker wire

ajm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N/A
Im having some trouble running wire for my components from inside the car to the door. The car is an 04 saab 9-3, the problem is that instead of just a rubber loom between the door and interrior with wires running through it there is a plug on each end of the rubber loom. Anyone have an idea of what to do. Finding the wire inside the car and then running it to the crossover wouldnt work too well as I need wiring for both the mid and tweeter.

pics are below

Here is trick i use many people probably know it on here though also. take a close hanger bend it so that's it as straight as can be tape the wire around the close hanger feed the close hanger through the rubber piece then that way the wire shall go through with it:).

Im having some trouble running wire for my components from inside the car to the door. The car is an 04 saab 9-3, the problem is that instead of just a rubber loom between the door and interrior with wires running through it there is a plug on each end of the rubber loom. Anyone have an idea of what to do. Finding the wire inside the car and then running it to the crossover wouldnt work too well as I need wiring for both the mid and tweeter.
Could you possibley add some loom around the plugs and run your wire through it? A pic of the dilema would help.

Here is trick i use many people probably know it on here though also. take a close hanger bend it so that's it as straight as can be tape the wire around the close hanger feed the close hanger through the rubber piece then that way the wire shall go through with it:).
I don't think you are grasping his issue.

Thanks for the info but heres the problem. As with most cars that works because both ends are open so to speak. For mine all of the wiring for the door meets at a plug on the inside of the door, on the outside of the door there is another plug. Wires then run from the 2nd plug, through the loom, and to the interrior. My problem is trying to get around the plug.

I would get pics but everything is already put back together for the night. As for loom around the plugs if youre talking about making new holes in the door etc yes it would work. Other than that I dont see a way to run the wires. I thought about finding the factory wire in the car as it runs to the factory amp under the seat and using it as a power wire from the amp for the crossover but ive got no room to mount the crossover in the door.

Alright, but as to try and clear up the last post. All of the wires in the door come together and meet into a plastic plug (almost looks like a 24pin plug for a computer power supply) which is mounted to the door. On the opposite side of the door there is another plug which connects to the one inside of the door. From there the wires continue on into the car.

As for the way I was talking about wiring it was using the wiring already there as the wire that goes from the amp to the crossover but the problem with that is theres no room to mount the big kicker ss crossover in the door.

Give me a min or two. Ill go get a picture of the plug mounted on the outside of the door

dsc01925fr6.jpg

dsc01926gq1.jpg

dsc01927xg1.jpg

It appears to me that your best bet would be to find a short piece of accordian boot and make a new connection between the cab and the door.

Or possibly cutting the plugs off all together and splicing them back with said new accordian boot.

If worst comes to worst I will just use the mid, sell the ss's and get a decent pair of coax, or I have a pair of rainbow crossovers that might be able to mount in the door but im not sure how theyd sound.

My car has a plu on both ends of the accordian boot that goes to the door. I drilled a hole for the wire in an open spot in the plug and ran the wire. You'll only need one run of wire so that should work assuming that there is an empty spot in the plug somewhere.

It has empty spots so that sounds good. The only problem is getting the plug apart/away from the door so I can drill it but I can play with that tomorrow. It seems like the plugs(s) are just on the door. Where it connects at the other end its just like a grommet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.