running off axis...

I might just try it and see... because there is no possible way that I can fit 4 12s and 2 10" aeros on a baffle that is 53x19... I think I will do a small experiment with 2 cheaper subs first. I shall report back with my results.

Thing about SPL boxes is... Forget everything you know about dailys. Lol.

Cabin pressure and getting all the back wave to the port are paramount. Idgaf which way what subs go where and how. I stuff as many as I can into the smallest space I can and worry more about how the port is situated.

My finals box was (1) fwd, (3) up and port to the side. One of my motored was hanging in the throat of the port which is a no-no for daily, but is a nature of the SPL beast. I also tried (2) to each side, (2) up and port back. (2) fwd, (2) up and port back.

My buddy has an extra cab and I keep telling him to do (8) 12's. (4) fwd, (4) up and ports up. That would wreck the TL.

Don't sweat it. Build it and see. You ever see some of Terry Brock's boxes. He's got subs all over the dang place. Alan Hall did a box once with a 12 on every side of the box. It was like (5) 12's in 2 cubes with a port on either side. Lol.

Is this in a xcab?
Oh... You definitely need to do all (4) fwd with ports up. That's the money.

Subs low on the baffle.
yup, ext cab ranger. Im limited to 4 12s and 2k clamped in mwspl basic 3... i need to do some testing but im thinking 3 cu ft tuned to mid 60ish with 2 10" aeros... but like I said... testing, testing testing, and oh ya... more testing lol

shit, you don't even go to MWSPL comps anyway. Where were you at the Sweet Sounds event?
and you are?? this will be my first year... couldnt go to sweet sounds because I had to work. tried like he11 to get it off but couldnt. Ill be there in 2013 though. pretty pumped for my first year in mwspl

and you are?? this will be my first year... couldnt go to sweet sounds because I had to work. tried like he11 to get it off but couldnt. Ill be there in 2013 though. pretty pumped for my first year in mwspl
I'm Groundpound4200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif MWSPL is definitely fun...

I'm Groundpound4200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif MWSPL is definitely fun...
Dont listen to him Groundpound, Its all pipe dreams. The kid has never even had a system he just keeps posting up box plans and his santa sub wishlist and never has even had bass in his vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.