running active

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdmferio13
10+ year member

feayfm
Central,PA
I plan on running active with my new hu.Its a jvc kd-ar8500.I am wondering for now with the stock speakers how do i set up each crossover point like which slope and hz.Im very new at this just trying to get the best sound out of my stocks before I get new ones.

As far as I know, the 8500 is a 2 way active HU. I've seen a lot of people assuming it'll do 3 way active. As far as crossover points and slopes, it really depends on the car. I'd start with the crossovers set somewhere between 80 and 100 Hz with a 12 dB/oct slope and play with it from there.

As far as I know, the 8500 is a 2 way active HU. I've seen a lot of people assuming it'll do 3 way active. As far as crossover points and slopes, it really depends on the car. I'd start with the crossovers set somewhere between 80 and 100 Hz with a 12 dB/oct slope and play with it from there.
x2. It's all about knowing your speakers' limitations. If you have tweeters that can't drop under a certain frequency or if your midbass can't drop under a certain frequency, etc etc.

I did all of mine by ear.. & speaker specifications.

well all my speakers are stock so i just wanted to get the mose out of them.And you might be right there is crossovers for rear and front but no high mid lows like you would think not sure though.But when they say two way is that mid and tweet

2 way generally means that you have a sub(s) and then full range speakers. The full range speakers in this case obviously fill up what the mids and highs would do. Also, with highs you use a highpass crossover, with lows you use a lowpass crossover, and with mids you use a bandpass crossover. By that definition, you can think of a 2 way crossover system controlling lows and highs. The highs would just have a low highpass setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.