running 60WRMS to 35WRMS speakers

93 saturn sl2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Michigan
will it be fine for me to do that? I'll probably have the LPF on so only highs get to the speakers. The speakers are last years 3 way pioneers. And my HU is the sony CDX-F7700 so will the remote turn on be strong enough to turn on both of the amps w/o a relay?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif now I'll probably have to upgrade the speakers that I just got last year and another question my HU is the sony CDX-F7700 so will the remote turn on be strong enough to turn on both of the amps w/o a relay?

lol what a bser
"u can run 125w to those rainbow slc's(rated at 60wrms)"
i never said that. i said watch your gains, im running mine at 80wrms with an eD 9.2. your just scared that your gonna set your gains wrong wrong.

edit: you have to grasp the concept of having more power than you need.

i never said that. i said watch your gains, im running mine at 80wrms with an eD 9.2. your just scared that your gonna set your gains wrong wrong.
edit: you have to grasp the concept of having more power than you need.

lolololololololol

they will be fine just watch the gains...

its not power that kills speakers (unless its like 1000w rms on a 15w rms speaker)

tis the all mighty clipping of amps that kills speakers...

they will be fine just watch the gains...
its not power that kills speakers (unless its like 1000w rms on a 15w rms speaker)

tis the all mighty clipping of amps that kills speakers...
so your saying sending a clean 60w signal into a 35w speaker wont kill the speaker?

so your saying sending a clean 60w signal into a 35w speaker wont kill the speaker?
Not if you use common sense. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

after impedance rise, i doubt you will ever see the RMS anyway. as long as you roll the volume, and you dont crank the **** out of it, it will be fine.

yup, you should be ok, just use some caution.

PS. YOU CAN BLOW SPEAKER BY OVERPOWERING THEM, EVEN WITHOUT CLIPPING! It's just harder.

the only time you ever use full power anyway is when the unit is at full volume..

let me ask you, how often is yuor unit at full volume? also take in account double the power is only +3 db

so the difference between 1/8th volume and 3/4 volume might only be a few watts.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.