Router Bits and Circular Saw blades

If your cutting MDF a good thin kerf 24-36 tooth blade is what you need. Frued, Diablo, Dewalt, Hitachi ... are all good blades.

As for router bits, for common use, Frued are great for the money. they keep their edge much longer than the cheap ass Ryobi stuff that looks the same.

In that thread, the 3/4" roundover bit that was linked is $45??? Does it really cost that much for a decent one or can I get away with a cheap one?
i've got a cheap ryobi, and i regret it. it chips the wood on the corners sometimes. i only use oldham saw blades.

Can some good box builders link me to a good circular saw blade and the top 3 roundover bits I need? The cheaper the better preferably. 1/2" shank on the router too btw.
Actually when it comes to blade and bits, in general the cheaper the worse. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I would avoid those super cheap ebay router bit mega packs.

Whatever roundover bits you get, make sure they have a ball bearing tip. Some of the cheaper ones just have a smooth round tip (makes it easy to burn the wood and screw up your edge)

In that thread, the 3/4" roundover bit that was linked is $45??? Does it really cost that much for a decent one or can I get away with a cheap one?
You can get bits a lot cheaper. But speaking from personal experience , I wouldn't. Spend a little extra now and save yourself the hassle of dealing with dull bits that don't last for ****.

Think about it this way, you spend all that money on a decent pair of subwoofers, go to all the trouble to calculate and build your perfect enclosure. Then power it with a pos kole amp.............................//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Does a Jasper Jig require a 1/4" shank or will a 1/2" shank with a 1/4" cutting diameter work? Also what bit do you guys use to flush mount speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.