Round Vs Slot

Participant count
  • Participant list
not in sound, but in ease of use, yes...

the slot ports are easier to tune, and easier to get right...

many people dont like using round ports, (especially if you use tubing...)

For the slot port, lets say the slot takes up one whole side on the inner part of the box., then which demensions do i use to figure the volume of the box then? Do i use the width from the one side to the inner edge of the slot, or from the one side all the way to the inner edge of the outer mdf?

its always inner demensions, after all displacments are taking out --- so take the "outter inner" demensions (the biggest inner demensions) and find the volume, subtract the displament of the driver(s), braceing and ports -- the ports should be calculated as solid objects, not hollow, so your going to use the outside demensions of the ports -- in certain cases the above statments wont work, just be smart and logic your way through what messurments you need to be usuing. the first statment is always true however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.