Rockford Prime Series

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
This is my review of the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200.1D amplifier (PRIME Amplifiers - R1200-1D - Rockford Fosgate®).

I am making this topic because I see so many people hate on their Prime series.

I've had this amp for about 8 months now and it has done wonderful. It originally powered 2 Dayton 10" in a loaded horn design. It is now powering 2 SA-12's. This thing came in under rated as it is pushing 1300W RMS. Its super clean power as well. My truck sits in the hot sun all day long, 7 days a week, and its been quite hot here the past month (upper 80s-90s). The thing has done wonderful under full tilt in the heat. I played it full tilt today for around an hour straight while sitting in traffic due to an accident. It got warm, but never started to quit on me.

The footprint of this thing is incredible. Quite, quite small. The only negative is that it wouldn't accept my Knu 4 Gauge. I had to trim a bit of the wire in order for it to fit.

I know it isn't the best review in the world, but I just wanted to say a little something about it. I would certainly recommend this series to people on a tight budget (as I was).

1300 watts? at what percent distortion? 10%?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

they are decent amps for the money as far as name brand goes and they definitely look nice i just think 1300 is pushing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
fatboytyler
Easternl Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views