Rockford Prime R500-1 and a kicker DVC sub...confused on wireing.

kainhall

the amp is a mono amp, but with 2 - and 2 + speaker out puts. if you only use one of each, it will go down to 2 ohms...but if you use both, its only 4.

my question is can i use a 4 ohm Kicker CVR124 (should be 4 ohms per coil...2 coils) and hook each coil up to one - and one +?

would this be any louder/sound better than just wireing it in 2 ohms the old fasion way using just one - and +?

just to clarify a bit...and amp has 2 positives, and 2 negitives...so does the sub. if i have 4 wires from the amp to the sub...will it be louder/sound better

or if i just run one possitive from and amp to the sub, and wire the amp in parrell to get 2 ohms, and run one negivite back to the amp?

the amp will do 2 ohms if you only use one of each polarity, but 4 ohms min if you run 2 of each polarity.

i kinda repeated my self...but look up pictures of the amp and sub.

please ask if you still dont under stand..i will make some MS paint pictures lol

thanks.

wiring each coil to each ch on that amp runs you in a 4ohm load,but if you want to get the best performance out of that amplifiers ability,,you bridge it to the 2ohms load, and that sub will sound cleaner,and hit the lows much better/thus getting the most out of both...bridge it

+1 to bridging. I had two subs hooked up running 4ohms and I bridged it and man it turne out to be quite a difference.

If your amp does specify how to bridge (what terminals) try hooking up the sub with the positive terminal on one channel and the negative on the other. Let us know if it ends up any louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

*doesnt specify

It's a mono amplifier, it cannot be bridged. The connections on the amplifier are internally wired in parallel.

Wiring each coil to each set of connectors will be the same as running both coils in parallel to one set of connectors on the amplifier.

so running each voice coil spereratly....using more wire and creating a bigger mess ...

will sound the same, and hit jsut as hard as wireing it parallel like a normal mono amp.

now that i think about it, it makes sence.

parallel = each one gets its own path.

wireing each coil seperatly = own path

thanks!

Oh okay. I was thinking because It had two positive and two negative terminals that it could be bridged. Sorry op, forgive the new guy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Did you wire it like this?

1_sub_DVC_4_ohm_mono.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.