Rockford p1000-1bd help

Participant count
  • Participant list

speedyo40

Ok i have 2 alpine type r 12's ran to one ohm on a Rockford p1000-1bd. I had issues with the amp cutting in and out (it always happened when i put the seat up but if i folded the seat with the amp on it down it would kick on. this lasted a few weeks now it wont work at all.) I checked and the amp is getting 14.2 and speaker terminals are at a little under 1 ohm. The protect or thermal light never came on when it would cut out. I have pulled the rcas and bumped them to see if the subs would move and nothing. Any advice i just find it weird the amp is putting out all the right numbers just no output to subs. Thanks in advance.

Have you tested the voltage coming off of the output terminals, and does the amp completely shut off or does it just not put anything into the subs. It could be a bad connection somewhere in the subs, I had the same set up once upon a time and it worked great so, I'm thinking you got a lemon somewhere

Output is all good wiring is great I have had this setup 3 yrs and it recently started acting up.. The amp stays on just nothing..no protect or thermal..

I would pull out the subs and test them with a pulse current to make sure none of the voice coils messed up....could be breaking the circuit because of that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.