Rockford knockoff?

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
Pioneer amp

Looks like a Rockford 400/800a4 with some Pioneer stickers slapped on it...HOWEVER...those Rockford amps have a little diamond in the middle with the RF logo on it, which leads me to believe that it is in fact a Rockford knockoff. But the terminals and everything look like RF...I'm so confused lol. Trying to get the guy to send me some gut pics, but he has been too busy to do so lately.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

3k53pd3le5O45V15R6b3h771e6979614d1e86.jpg

!CFFJBu!!2k~%24(KGrHqQOKj4E00U3F9qjBNU!Fol5L!~~_1.JPG

on my local craigslist i have seen a large amount of "Old school amp" posts from all brands that look like otherbrands. saw a sony with a old kicker body. was kinda like uh...

next time i see it ill post it here for the lulz

i wanna see gut-shots, too. yah, you can have just about anything made over there, with whtever logo you want....just have to know where to look. chances are, there is weights in the body, with a tiny amp stuck in there, lol.....

i wanna see gut-shots, too. yah, you can have just about anything made over there, with whtever logo you want....just have to know where to look. chances are, there is weights in the body, with a tiny amp stuck in there, lol.....
i've seen actual real kenwood amps with steel plate weights in them.....

by the way, that amp had to have been made long after that rf case was discontinued, or it would have the pioneer "omega" and different font.... the pioneer font that is on it was not even made yet when the rf's had that case....

Pioneer amp
Looks like a Rockford 400/800a4 with some Pioneer stickers slapped on it...HOWEVER...those Rockford amps have a little diamond in the middle with the RF logo on it, which leads me to believe that it is in fact a Rockford knockoff. But the terminals and everything look like RF...I'm so confused lol. Trying to get the guy to send me some gut pics, but he has been too busy to do so lately.

Both old Chinese mass produced wholesale pieces with a very similar stamped heat sink, my $.02 .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.