Rockford Fosgate T1D412 with Kenwood KAC-9105D

Budget, goal, power?
the subs are rated at 800RMS a piece, amp does 500W x 1 @4ohm, 900W x 1 @2ohm.

Budget isnt too big of a issue, just my location at my base in germany restricts me on getting a custom box built and sent over here. My goal is to get the most out of these subs with this amp, just looking for anyones opinion on it.

you don't have a lot of leeway then with your amp, eh?
ya not too much leeway, im worried about the amp overheating when running it at 1ohm. got the amp from my buddy who was leaving base, its only 4 months old. plan on getting a better one, but for now ill have to work with it

the subs are rated at 800RMS a piece, amp does 500W x 1 @4ohm, 900W x 1 @2ohm.
Budget isnt too big of a issue, just my location at my base in germany restricts me on getting a custom box built and sent over here. My goal is to get the most out of these subs with this amp, just looking for anyones opinion on it.
What's your job? I just stopped over in Mildenhall not to long ago. Oh, I see now... lol

ya not too much leeway, im worried about the amp overheating when running it at 1ohm. got the amp from my buddy who was leaving base, its only 4 months old. plan on getting a better one, but for now ill have to work with it
Kenwood's tend to run hot, yes. Just make sure it's not shoved under a seat, and make sure you have airflow around and especially under it.

Kenwood's tend to run hot, yes. Just make sure it's not shoved under a seat, and make sure you have airflow around and especially under it.
Thanks for the tip, sounds like ill be mounting it somewhere else then!

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

What's your job? I just stopped over in Mildenhall not to long ago. Oh, I see now... lol
lol yup radar tech over here at spangdahlem!

Thanks for the tip, sounds like ill be mounting it somewhere else then! 

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

lol yup radar tech over here at spangdahlem!
haha, no problem. And your amp should be fine at 1 ohm, just make sure your electrical can support it.

Wouldn't hurt, also the big three in 0/1g.
big three isnt an option for me, seeing as though i leave this base in 6 months. dont rlly see the point if im selling it that soon. will be definitely doing it on my next car in the states

do you suggest upgrading to 0gauge from my battery to amp?
If you're only running that one amp on 4 gauge wire right now, there's no need to upgrade to 0 gauge. The 4 gauge will do fine. Unless you add another amp that's about the same as the one you have now, the most you could do is the big 3. But if you don't want any hassle or worry, just leave your amp on 4 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

USAFradartech

10+ year member
USAFradartech
Goldsboro, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views