Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D remote

it does not. I was originally controlling them through an lc2i but now i have a kenwood amp with the idatalink and I can control it through my infotaiment but it is slow and hard to do while driving. My thought is i will just control one because i dont want two knobs.

it does not. I was originally controlling them through an lc2i but now i have a kenwood amp with the idatalink and I can control it through my infotaiment but it is slow and hard to do while driving. My thought is i will just control one because i dont want two knobs.
By use of y adapters you can use a pac rca level knob one set rcas in then come out with rca y adapters to 2 separate rcas ...or one rca back and split with rca Y’s by the amps

Why is that?
Clipping and sound quality.

Re: Clipping --

If you set your gain (correctly) with little or no bass boost then at high volume your amp is producing about as much power as it can w/o going into clipping.

If you then add bass boost (centered at 45hz) in random amounts, and play at high volume the amp will go into clipping.

Keep in mind the bass boost on that amp will "try" to add up to 18 db. To add 3db would require twice as much power, to increase 6db 2x power again.

The only way bass boost could actually be a good thing is if you happen to know your sub/enclosure lacks output in the 45hz range, and you can add a small amount of boost to flatten the response curve, but it would still require you to reduce the gain setting so the amp wouldn't clip at the boost frequency.

Adding bass boost can really only make things worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the explication. I have an appointment at a nearby car audio shop which will set all my gains and everything using a dd1 and an rta for me.

On these amps how do I know what the knob controls. The bass or the level?

I already have a bass knob installed from when I had an audio control lc21 controlling these two amps. These knobs run off a telephone cord. I was thinking about trying a telephone jack splitter. So 1 knob two separate amps. See if that works.

I can control the level through the infotainment but the one knob would be better but if I have to run rcas I will just use the infotainment screen. At this point not worth the hassle of running more wires.

Thanks

Sent from my LG V30+ using Tapatalk

Thank you for the explication. I have an appointment at a nearby car audio shop which will set all my gains and everything using a dd1 and an rta for me.

I already have a bass knob installed from when I had an audio control lc21 controlling these two amps. These knobs run off a telephone cord. I was thinking about trying a telephone jack splitter. So 1 knob two separate amps. See if that works.

I can control the level through the infotainment but the one knob would be better but if I have to run rcas I will just use the infotainment screen. At this point not worth the hassle of running more wires.

Thanks

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I should add that I have also installed 2 other amps to power the cabin speakers that is what I want adjusted the most. I have 8 cabin speakers that I recently replaced.
I have some cables on order to remove the long rca cables.
2062673616938dd0026c7655a5aff284.jpg

Apparently it's gain:

Remote Punch Level Control: The amplifier includes a wired Remote Punch Level Control, which is linked to the gain control of the amplifier. The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or center console of your vehicle. The Remote Punch Level Control features a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and a 16.5' connector cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.