Power Acoustik Rz1-2300D

im pretty sure I've seen all your videos. Between you and big d wiz both of ya doing a great job.

Im actually in the market for a good reliable budget amp. I drive for a living so my amps are on for around 12 hours a day. Reliability is a big concern.

after modeling my 2 type s 15s on winisd I realize they can handle quite a bit more power then they're rated.

Been looking at the XTR 1500. How do ya like your 2500?

any plans to test the kappa k 600? Would be interesting to see how much under rated it is. The JBL 500 was impressive. The 550 not as much but still under rated. A couple of JBL 500s would do me good but no hpf kinda a deal breaker unless I tune really low.

anyway appreciate the Dyno videos keep up the good work.

im pretty sure I've seen all your videos. Between you and big d wiz both of ya doing a great job.
Im actually in the market for a good reliable budget amp. I drive for a living so my amps are on for around 12 hours a day. Reliability is a big concern.

after modeling my 2 type s 15s on winisd I realize they can handle quite a bit more power then they're rated.

Been looking at the XTR 1500. How do ya like your 2500?

any plans to test the kappa k 600? Would be interesting to see how much under rated it is. The JBL 500 was impressive. The 550 not as much but still under rated. A couple of JBL 500s would do me good but no hpf kinda a deal breaker unless I tune really low.

anyway appreciate the Dyno videos keep up the good work.
Thanks!

As for the Orion XTR1500, I had one of those before I bought the 2500.1Dz, It's another great amp! I honestly didn't know how good it was until I almost swapped it out for a DD Audio M1D... People went on and on about those amps... And so I bought one, put it on the Dyno and then Put the Orion on the Dyno and it destroyed the DD Audio! Only reason I bought the 2500.1 is I made a offer I thought was a low ball on ebay... and the seller accepted. So I sold my 1500.1... Was going to buy another one to do a dull review on for the YouTube channel but Orion ended up doing one themselves... Great amp!

[quote name='Beentown']@bigblank69 I haven't seen any dyno's of the larger PPI Ion or Soundstream Nano amps. Like the 1000.1

Just a thought as they are tiny and cheap.[/QUOTE]
i feel sure the ion does like 950 or so it's between the 650 and my ppi p1k which does over rated.. u could look at something like skar 1500 too if u want spend tad more..

[quote name='Beentown']@bigblank69 I haven't seen any dyno's of the larger PPI Ion or Soundstream Nano amps. Like the 1000.1

Just a thought as they are tiny and cheap.[/QUOTE]

FYI I have a Soundstream PN1.1000D here now... along with ridiculous amount of other amps.....

Latest dyno vid incase anyone is curious:

Yeah, the Razor 2300 is the same amp as the PPI i650.1 and the SS PN1.650 just a different heat sink. Looks like your results are pretty much inline with what Sonic Electronix got as well. Who knows about the sketchy power claims? Just goofy un-needed marketing BS from their parent company Epsilon.

I will definitely be interested in seeing your results of the PN1000.1 on the dyno. Been thinking of grabbing one of the PPI Ion versions. I'm gonna guess around 925 watts.

BTW, there's a thread on DIYMA about the differences between the PPI Ion and Phantom series with some opinions about the Ion's from people who say they've used them. Reviews seem to be widely varied. Some say the multi-channels introduce noise into the system while some say they haven't heard anything. Totally expected from such a mass-produced amp I guess.

Apparent Dual has mini class D series that use the same internals.

Keep up the good work with your dyno vids. Very helpful info.

Had that said to me earlier on facebook, originally it was just because of camera angles. Now I feel like I have the home improvement vibe going so might as well keep it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.