Rockford Fosgate Punch 300 Problem

MOTU
10+ year member

ontario
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out or has maybe encountered this problem before. My amp has suddenly stopped turning on. It is fused at the battery and after the distribution block. Both fuses arre not broken. Remote wire is still good. Nothing turns on though, not even the red logo light. The other amp still works perfectly. Is it possibly for the remote wire to give out enough current to damage the amp? I'm pretty confused about this. I've taken it out and reinstalled it twice now. The amp currently runs my DVC (2 OHM) phoenix gold 12". Is it possible the sub has blown and that is causing the amp to not turn on? I have completely run out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Richard

PS I can't edit the title but it's a punch 301M. 300 WRMS at 2 OHM.

OK, I can pretty much rule out the sub being blown. I completely disconnected it (disconnected speaker wires entirely from amp) and it's still not turning on.

Disconnect the RCA's?

Disconnect everything from the amp, excluding the 12v, gnd, and rem.

Does it turn on? If not the amp has a internal problem.

If you plug the RCA's back in and it shuts off, you have a problem with your RCAs.

So on and so fourth.

Also, try wiggling your 12v, gnd, and remote wires on your amp. Check your ground, ect.

As far as I know the amp itself is not fused. I haven't had a chance to check out the RCAs yet, really bust the last few days. I'll try that out this afternoon.

Thanks again.

Take the amp out and open it up to see if you can see of any signs of burnage if not and still no luck goto ur local audi oshop have it bench tested for opertional issues. 10$ they charge here for that .

I've opened it up and taken a look, nothing looks burned but that's as far as I can go. I have emailed one of the more reputable shops in the area to see if they're able to do service on it.

Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.