Rockford fosgate P300-1 Punch

Participant count
  • Participant list

-Teh-

CarAudio.com Newbie
NY
So I'm receiving some clipping or what sounds like clipping to me from my amp. It's just the amp I installed an older amp and it works perfectly fine with the sub never had an issue with it but it's a poor quality amp and I wanna see if I can get this rockford fosgate amp to work. I've taken the plate off and everything looks intact on the mobo but that's not helping me fix the clipping any suggestions?

So I'm receiving some clipping or what sounds like clipping to me from my amp. It's just the amp I installed an older amp and it works perfectly fine with the sub never had an issue with it but it's a poor quality amp and I wanna see if I can get this rockford fosgate amp to work. I've taken the plate off and everything looks intact on the mobo but that's not helping me fix the clipping any suggestions?
Most untrained ears cant hear clipping at all. You are likely hearing mechanical noise due to ground or rcas. Last culprit should be a bad amp.

Most untrained ears cant hear clipping at all. You are likely hearing mechanical noise due to ground or rcas. Last culprit should be a bad amp.
Tested the same amp on my other car and it still sounds bad it sounds like it's farting or something when the bass hits if it's a bad amp could I fix it? I checked my grounds they're fine but the amp sounds really bad and it's a decent amp so I don't wanna just throw it away

Tested the same amp on my other car and it still sounds bad it sounds like it's farting or something when the bass hits if it's a bad amp could I fix it? I checked my grounds they're fine but the amp sounds really bad and it's a decent amp so I don't wanna just throw it away
Check for anything loose like the rcas or power and ground or fuse blocks. But that sounds like a bad amp shitting itself rather than clipping.

Check for anything loose like the rcas or power and ground or fuse blocks. But that sounds like a bad amp shitting itself rather than clipping.
Already checked all of that to make sure it wasn't anything dumb so after that I switched to another car with a perfectly working sub amp system and same sound of farting. So the amp is lost? Should I just throw it away or something?

Already checked all of that to make sure it wasn't anything dumb so after that I switched to another car with a perfectly working sub amp system and same sound of farting. So the amp is lost? Should I just throw it away or something?
I meant the rca inputs on the amp itself not the wire. You can open up the back of the amp and check inside of anything is loose

I meant the rca inputs on the amp itself not the wire. You can open up the back of the amp and check inside of anything is loose

Doesn't look lose and seems pretty structurally sound
And I'm not sure how to check out the grounds and such there's a big box over the wiring

You can try. Worst that could happen is it doesn't work.
It's already Inna state of farting and to me that's not working a single bit true that. But do you know if I should use a specific copper or anything or can I just rip out an old flat copper wire from a non working pcb and throw it in there?

It's already Inna state of farting and to me that's not working a single bit true that. But do you know if I should use a specific copper or anything or can I just rip out an old flat copper wire from a non working pcb and throw it in there?

Honestly I have no clue but I would try soldering a jumper wire.

That amp is toast lol. No remote wire wont work and if you dont solder quicky and professionally youll damage the board and various other pins. But again its basically dead anyways so doesnt hurt to try a ghetto solution lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.