Rockford Fosgate components and 6x9's

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got some RF 6.5's and tweeters installed and they sound great. The 6x9's have been ordered and I'm awaiting their arrival to get them installed in the rear. I understand that I won't maximize the capabilities of these speakers unless I put an amp to them. My question is... What exactly will an amp do for the sound of my speakers? They're already loud and clear. I would definitely like more bass but I know that's not what they're made for and so unless the amp is going to add more bass, I'm not sure I understand what it's going to do for them. Obviously I'm knew to this. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it to drop another 400 dollars on a 4 channel 400 watt amplifier

If you're happy with them now, things should be okay. Amp gives speakers significantly more power, allowing them to shine to their full potential. You won't get a lot of bass out of them, but with an amp you should see a considerable improvement in midbass response, especially from the 6x9s. Btw there's no reason to spend $400 for a 4 channel amp. A good amp can be had for under $200 easily to power your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.