Sibilance

Participant count
  • Participant list

AP0C552

Hello!

I just did an install of 4 Hertz Ecx 165.5 6.5" coaxial speakers into my 2014 kia rio.

They sound quite impressive on factory deck, and are quite efficient speakers!

The only immediate problem I notice is quite a lot of harsh sibilance. To the point that I am almost wondering if something is causing it. I have to turn treble down to like -6 on my head unit.

Are there any well known causing for sibilance. I read that bad wiring could do it. But I don't see how this could be the case. Could under powering the speakers cause sibilance?

The stock speakers has no dedicated tweeter, so maybe is the treble of the head unit just exceptionally exaggerated?

Any feedback or guidance on this matter would be highly appreciated!

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With the factory unit, it's hard to tell what kind of signal it's sending. They're usually designed to power the stock speakers. Those look like some pretty decent speakers, but as usual, an amplifier is strongly recommended. I also see that these have something called RHFC, which seems to mean that you can rotate the tweeter in different directions. Perhaps try to do that and see if you can get it to sound better by turning into another direction? Either way, an amp is recommended.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AP0C552

AP0C552
Winnipeg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
fly_marlin