rockford fosgate are a bunch of dirty *****es!

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
well i figured i would give them a try. so i bought the rockford fosgate punch 150 25 to life aniversary edition off ebay from millionbuy, could of packaged better but hey, as long as it doesnt get jacked up in transit by fedex i dont care. anyways specs on it are

75 W x 2 ch @ 4 Ohms

90 W x 2 ch @ 2 Ohms

180 W x 1 ch (bridged) @ 4 Ohm

there was knock at the door and i see cool the amp is here. so i open it up and see the birth sheet. and then i take a look at the birthseet and this is what i get

300 W x 2ch @ 4 Ohms

those dirty bastards gave me 225 more watts than i wanted!

j/p haha i knew this amp was underrated from seeing other peeps birthsheets. so thats why i bought it. its replacing an ma audio hk898. and i got a cool 25 to life t shirt that doesnt even fit my big ass! sweet. if anyone wants to see the birthsheet i can post it a little later today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

edit: oh if anyone needs 300+ watts into 2 channels (any boston pro 60 owners out there) i see a bunch of these left over on ebay, million buy has them the cheapest @ 199.99 plus shipping in original box and still factory shrinkwrapped! mine was actually a lower watt than most that ive see, which have been up to 338w. however the lowest wattage ive ever seen out of these was mine @ 300

i know, its a sad sad day for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

btw: edited original post

I still wish every company rated their amps exactly the same without under/over rated them. I hope no one plans to hook that amp to some 60watt speakers and blowing them with double the power the amp is actually rated at.

demand an amp that does rated power, id suggest going with a more honest company like lanzer, or pyle
Watch it man, I said something like that one time, and some of the ******** on here thought I was serious.

But that sounds like a good deal man. Thats about what I paid for my amp which has similar specs. (400x2 @ 4ohms)

I still wish every company rated their amps exactly the same without under/over rated them. I hope no one plans to hook that amp to some 60watt speakers and blowing them with double the power the amp is actually rated at.
i think underrating is totally fine IF you include a birthsheet, hell 300w@4ohm for each channel for 200 bucks? **** ill take that any day of the week. nothing like having headroom galore.

but yea...i better keep my giddyness and praise for this amp to a minimum. could ****ing blow on me next week who knows lol.

RF amps are CEA-2006 Compliant - so the rating is the same thing as other CEA-2006 Compliant companies.

RF amps are CEA-2006 Compliant - so the rating is the same thing as other CEA-2006 Compliant companies.
sort of bro. cea 2006 would just make sure that the amp puts out at least its rated power. not necessarily 300%+ over rated power.

also i should mention, i see some people making jokes about calling rf and comlaining...you know when the dodge srt4 was out and the specs were like 220hp to the flywheel, and people were dynoing at 230+ to the wheels...someone actually sued them over the fact that the car put out more HP that it was advertised...

some people are ****ing morons!!!!

What is it showing as far as mono 4 ohm on the birthsheet?
it doesnt show mono @ 4 ohms. it shows mono @ 2 ohms though. and i dont remember the # off hand, and the box is in my car which i dont feel like going to get right this second but i remember it was 800+ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.