Rockford Fosgate 801s

Participant count
  • Participant list

moonzie

This is a 2 channel amp capable of pushing out 400w RMS @ 2 ohm at each channel or 800w RMS bridged.

This is a BIG amp. I like the fact that it's easy to adjust it to little bass output to skull-shaking output. This amp was made back from `03-`04 I believe. I purchased one used from a guy on Ebay for $225 which I thought was a good deal since this amp retailed at around $500 when it was new.

Be sure you have plenty of power ready to deliver behind this amp!

The only thing I didn't like is that instead of 2 very large terminals for positive and ground they have 4 smaller ones capable of only holding 8 gauge wiring. This amp really ought to have 4 gauge and most heavy kits come with 4 gauge wire so you have to split your main wire into two smaller wires.

In my setup I have a 4 gauge wire running to a 2 farad cap, off the cap with two 10 guage wires into the amp. I also use 2 10 gauge wires tied into a larger 4 gauge ground.

These are rare amps, and worth every penny that they would sell for.

EDIT: I purchased this amp as an upgrade to my Rockford Fosgate 401s. The 801s is the same amp, only twice as big and has twice the power output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

moonzie

moonzie
Bloomington, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date