Rockford 1245x amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know its a rockwood my phone auto correctted it .i ansked a question tho isnt this site supposed to be to help out ppl and give feedback? If nobody will trade me what is this amp able to push as far as sub's go?

I know its a rockwood my phone auto correctted it .i ansked a question tho isnt this site supposed to be to help out ppl and give feedback? If nobody will trade me what is this amp able to push as far as sub's go?
Something low end like a Kicker comp or whatever you find at the local swap meet most likely, just be warned that turning the gains up to find volume will probably clip your subs to death.

For that reason I'd go as cheap as possible... why not find something used on CL like a used small Alpine or Rockford to start off with?.. I see em all the time for $50-$75 for a decent lil' starter amp on CL (200-500 watts). Heck... 1K new can be had cheap nowadays. That Rockwood is a great boat anchor... nuff said

Just my humble opinion.

Something low end like a Kicker comp or whatever you find at the local swap meet most likely, just be warned that turning the gains up to find volume will probably clip your subs to death.
For that reason I'd go as cheap as possible... why not find something used on CL like a used small Alpine or Rockford to start off with?.. I see em all the time for $50-$75 for a decent lil' starter amp on CL (200-500 watts). Heck... 1K new can be had cheap nowadays. That Rockwood is a great boat anchor... nuff said

Just my humble opinion.
hey now, it makes a great door stop too!!

i thought it was a profile based on the goofy 80s stick figures on the sticker.

OP it may sound like youre getting a good ribbing, but theyre just being honest. Youre not going to get very much out of that amp provided it even still works. the capacitors in it might be leaking due to its age (yes, that is a thing) and its power output may have been acceptable back in the day, but its nowhere near what a modern sub would need to get air moving. Youre best off selling it to someone who digs nostalgia and start fresh with new good or at least decent stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...