Road Gear?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyleg94cavy
10+ year member

Stan Farrey is the man!
Ok. Here's the scoup. I have a Kicker solobaric for a sub, a profile california amp. so far so good. but then once i get to the head unit, it's road gear. I didnt want to spend that much money of a cd player so i went cheap, very cheap. it works and sounds fine, but is just the thought of having a road gear enough to buy a new one? keep in mind i am just a 16 year old kid and this is my first car.

Please dear god get something else. If you think that sounds good wait till you spend a little more money and buy something decent. Try looking at some Alpine's. Even their low-end stuff is pretty good.

Originally posted by n2audio If it fits your needs and sounds good then I don't see a reason to upgrade. If you use it a lot though I'd be surprised if it lasts more than a year.

good point n2. The only thing is I'm worried about what kind of signale the amp and sub are seeing.

J

You can pick up a nice low/mid end jvc cd player and it will make a total difference....also your speakers in the doors will do alot better.

the only speakres i have running are the factory 3 1/2s on the dash for some treble. i unhooked the 6x9's cuz they were distorted and sounded like ****. how would getting a new hu make it sound that much better. and shou ld i get some tweeters?

it gives you a better signal to your factory speakers for 1....second if gives you a better remote signal to your amp so it sounds better through your sub....better quality. Honest you should get a component set..comes with 2 crossovers 2 tweets and 2 6.5 or 5.25 depending on what you need to fit your doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.