Rms

RFFreak4Life
10+ year member

My girlfriend asked me what RMS was, I felt so stupid being the Car Audio Freak that I'am I didnt know, So i turned to you, The rest of the Car Audio Freak world, Thought maybe you could help, So if anyone Knows what RMS stands for please email me and let me know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Thanks

or even mor laymens terms....the amount of power that an amp can handle constantly or the amount of power a sub or speaker can handle constantly...where as the max is the amout both can handle or put out in a brief musical burst.....good luck

In not-so-layman terms, "root mean square" is a mathematical deviation used in statistics.

TO CALCULATE RMS:

SQUARE all the values

Take the average of the squares

Take the square root of the average

For electrical signals, the RMS value of an AC waveform is the "effective" value, equivalent to DC. In other words a 100 watt RMS AC heater would procduce the same amount of heat as a 100 watt DC heater.

thank you for the ones who replied. I'm not one for detail, so maylar take the detail and shove it up your ass, i was asking about Speakers, Subwoofers, Stereo's and Amps, which has nothing at all to do with a ****ing 100 Ac Heater, which means it definitely doesnt have anything to do with a 100 DC Heater. AS for Fu-Man-Chu, and Goddy4me your 'explanations' were more supurb. And simple, or in laymens terms, LOL. Thanks a million now she and I both know. Bye

Originally posted by RFFreak4Life thank you for the ones who replied. I'm not one for detail, so maylar take the detail and shove it up your ass, i was asking about Speakers, Subwoofers, Stereo's and Amps, which has nothing at all to do with a ****ing 100 Ac Heater, which means it definitely doesnt have anything to do with a 100 DC Heater. AS for Fu-Man-Chu, and Goddy4me your 'explanations' were more supurb. And simple, or in laymens terms, LOL. Thanks a million now she and I both know. Bye
Excuse me? You asked what RMS meant. I told you. Sorry I thought you might be bright enough to comprehend. My mistake.

Originally posted by RFFreak4Life thank you for the ones who replied. I'm not one for detail, so maylar take the detail and shove it up your ass, i was asking about Speakers, Subwoofers, Stereo's and Amps, which has nothing at all to do with a ****ing 100 Ac Heater, which means it definitely doesnt have anything to do with a 100 DC Heater. AS for Fu-Man-Chu, and Goddy4me your 'explanations' were more supurb. And simple, or in laymens terms, LOL. Thanks a million now she and I both know. Bye
Excuse me too.........

You asked a question- an answer ans well as an example was provided, and you respond by attacking him personally?

I would highly advise you to deviate from such immature flaming in the future, as it has no place on this forum whatsoever.

Details can sometimes explain the obvious in a mannor which contributes to learning more about the overall.

And since the likeness was made to a 100W DC Heater, it may interest you to know that your amplifiers, Head Unit, and even speakers all are sources for heat. Hence the heatsinks and vented magnet structures.

Food For thought.

take it easy,

-zane

Administrator

Soundwaves Car Stereo

Girlfriend 50+ bucks a week

Her asking him a RMS questions-hours of thought

Him thinking about it- Hours more

Acting like a tool and knowing that your never going to go to college- priceless

I dont know where all that came from but come on. Get a life. Those Priceless skits are older than the hair on your mothers ass. :p Food for thought. Whats the 50+ Bucks a week mean? Maylar, I apologize for jumping at you. I didnt realize speakers and headunits were sources of heat, agian sorry for the jumpiness. Thanks For you help though.

this makes no sense

Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.