rms range for 3 way active front stage

Alan1986

Well I've been waiting on my sundown scv2000 since the first of February to use with a sundown zv.3 12 or 15 and since then I've saved enough money to start on my front stage. Car is a 14 Camry and I'm keeping the stock hu since it's very integrated and I like the stock look. Will most likely go with the 360.3 for the dsp.

So my question is with a 2000wrms sub stage how many watts rms should I be looking at to run each channel of my front stage and what size speakers?

I was thinking a 8 inch dedicated mid bass in each door (maybe jl zr800), a 2 4 inch mid range (dunno what speaker) and 2 1 inch tweets ( maybe crescendo ft1's)?

I've been doing a lot of reading as I've never done anything front stage but I think I get the jist of it just would like some more specific input. I'm sure I can pick out the amps once I get the information I'm asking about just need to know what rms range I need to be looking at.

Thank you for any help!

Honestly you don't need that much power when you run your speakers active. You can get like a 50wx4 @ 4 ohms amp and you'll be more than enough for the tweeter and midrange. For midbass, like the zr800, you're gonna need alittle more power to get it going. Atleast 100w on those I would say. Do you have your electrical up to par with the amount of power you're running?

Well I got 1/0 power, ground and big 3, a 270 amp alt from Ohio gen I got last week and going to get a xs power d3400 next week and maybe another battery after it's all in depending on what my voltage is looking like at that point.

Well dont forget to make sure you have amps that have the crossover range for your speakers...or get a 2 way crossover or nice processor.
Yea that's why I mentioned the 360.3. Not 100 percent on that but it seems they all have pro's and con's.

I got a JL audio G6600 6 channel amp 6 x 75 rms for sale.
Thank you for the offer and you can pm me a price if you'd prefer but it would have to be in immaculate shape bc I prefer to buy brand new although it would be nice to have just one amp for the front stage especially such a good brand one.

People with experience with the ZR800s recommend lots of power. I would think 150W+ per ZR800 would be reasonable, as I run that much power to my Cerwin Vega Stroker 6.5" mids in an active setup.

Good super tweeters, of which are not in my realm of experience, shouldn't need much power as the sensitivity and sound characteristics should easily make them get quite loud on a low amount of watts. I would skip super tweeters as any good quality pair of 1" tweeters should get plenty loud. Power-wise for the mids and tweeters a 50-100W x 4 amplifier will do fine.

People with experience with the ZR800s recommend lots of power. I would think 150W+ per ZR800 would be reasonable, as I run that much power to my Cerwin Vega Stroker 6.5" mids in an active setup.
Good super tweeters, of which are not in my realm of experience, shouldn't need much power as the sensitivity and sound characteristics should easily make them get quite loud on a low amount of watts. I would skip super tweeters as any good quality pair of 1" tweeters should get plenty loud. Power-wise for the mids and tweeters a 50-100W x 4 amplifier will do fine.
Thank you very much! After all y'alls input I was thinking a rockford P500x2 for the two JL's and a rockford P600x4 for the two mid ranges and two tweets. That would put me in the power range I'm looking for and also keep the amps looking good in a amp rack.

Thank you very much! After all y'alls input I was thinking a rockford P500x2 for the two JL's and a rockford P600x4 for the two mid ranges and two tweets. That would put me in the power range I'm looking for and also keep the amps looking good in a amp rack.
That would be a good bit more power with good headroom, if you getting zrs it's better to go with more power. Those are good choices

That would be a good bit more power with good headroom, if you getting zrs it's better to go with more power. Those are good choices
Thank you.

Found a guy selling a mint sundown 150.2 just a few minutes ago for $215 shipped which I could then match with a sundown 100.4....choices choices lol.

Should I go with 8ohm tweets since I plan on running the mid range at 4ohm

its HIGHLY dependent on the drivers the crossover point and the location of the drivers. most midbass freeair in the doors need 150-200 or so to keep up with a substage like that.

Id go with a pair of 8" midbass if you can what are the factory locations depth and cutouts? this is WAY to general to even be remotely close to a balanced system.

for example

Dayton Audio RS225P-4 8" Reference Paper Woofer 4 Ohm

about 125 watts crossed over at 70 and 300 with a 2nd order slope wouldhave good output. but you have to seal your door off!

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/scanspeak-22w/4534g-discovery-8-woofer-4-ohm/

same thing gonna have to seal you door off for a good response. this one 120-150 same xover points

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/morel-mw266-4-ohm-8-polymer-coated-paper-cone/

this woofers like about 200-250 RMS. great woofer just likes more power.

most midrange speakers are LOUD with 75 watts and most tweeters are loud with 30-50 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.