Right Mono Amp for Subwoofers?

760Rey

i'm looking for the right amp to power 2 Subs

I'm looking at the

Precision Power iON Series i650.1

PrecisionPower | i650.1 - iON - Amplifiers - Products

to power these

Reference 1062w - Infinity US

Im planning on running them on 2ohms wit the amp to get the 650 Rms that being said the subs are 275rms each totaling 550 Rms the rest for headroom.

am i right? its just what i think and I'm a newb at this audio stuff I'm not 100% set on these I'm just on a budget and looking at both they have great reviews. if you have any other suggestions for a decent setup i would highly appreciate your opinion. I'm wanting a clean thump setup that i feel the bass. I'm planning on making my own fiberglass enclosure.

It will work together. But prolly won't give you what you want. There's better out there to
What would you recommend for a decent setup for what I'm looking? I would say my budget would be 250-300 for amp and sub.. i really appreciate your quick response and hope to hear your opinion on what would be better. Thank you!

That's a pretty low budget you might consider a single sub and amp. It might be a bit easier to find in your budget @vertex ; can help you with some used gear

I compared I650.1 to JBL GTO501.EZ. The JBL sounded louder with better deep bass. I didn't make any measurements; it was just a direct swap in my own car.

That's a pretty low budget you might consider a single sub and amp. It might be a bit easier to find in your budget @vertex ; can help you with some used gear
I wouldn't mind buying used as long as it's in good condition.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

what car ??
2009 Chevy Malibu

Also, those subs are dual 4 ohm coils.... You can't run 2 of them at 2 ohm, properly. Only 1, 4 or 16 ohms (wired series, series/parallel, or parallel respectively).

Also, those subs are dual 4 ohm coils.... You can't run 2 of them at 2 ohm, properly. Only 1, 4 or 16 ohms (wired series, series/parallel, or parallel respectively).
Ohhh ha thanks for pointing it out thought it would work sorry lIke i said im a newb at this ha.. but would 2 of those subs work at 1ohm? Or should I just stick with one sub and an amp?

They will work fine at 1 ohm, but not with that PPI Ion amp, as its a 2 ohm minimum (lowest) capable... Would need an amp stable at 1 ohm.
Learned something new thank you for having me learn new things today about car audio i know i have a small budget with the items im looking at

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.