Right amp for Sundow Sa12D2? Skar/Kicker/Other

So you don't wire to 1ohm? Because of box rise? Need to rewire my sa12 then if I put it back in the trunk

Been running at 1ohm for a couple minths
View attachment 18300

Yes. Wire to 1 ohm. SAs are known to take 1k all day long but if you were to have too much power and its getting stinky without clipping its as easy as turning the gain down some. Always better to have headroom with amps.

Could you count on rise and wire to .5ohm? If that's the case I'm ordering another sa12 dvc 2ohm wiring to .5ihm and selling two barely used xfls lol

No. Do not wire to .5 on the Taramps amps other than the Bass line and the HD15k

I would suggest the Taramps MD3000 2 ohm model. Or the Bass 3000 if you have the electrical to support a 3k at half an ohm.

Does anybody have a opinion on the Kicker 46cxa800.1 amp for the sa12? It would match my 4 channel amp if it's a good mono amp.

Could you count on rise and wire to .5ohm? If that's the case I'm ordering another sa12 dvc 2ohm wiring to .5ihm and selling two barely used xfls lol
why would u go from 2 xfls to 2 sundown sa.......to me that is not a upgrade i had both and i would choose the xfls all day...more power handling plays more notes and digs deeper in the same box....

why would u go from 2 xfls to 2 sundown sa.......to me that is not a upgrade i had both and i would choose the xfls all day...more power handling plays more notes and digs deeper in the same box....

I like the my single sa12 more than my dual xfls but that might be because the single sa12 is in a box that is only a 1/2cu ft smaller than the dual box.

I like the my single sa12 more than my dual xfls but that might be because the single sa12 is in a box that is only a 1/2cu ft smaller than the dual box.
lol idk how thats possible but the xfls probably in the wrong box...when i compare the 2 i put both in a 2 cuft box tune @ 34hz with both getting like 1000 watts each

lol idk how thats possible but the xfls probably in the wrong box...when i compare the 2 i put both in a 2 cuft box tune @ 34hz with both getting like 1000 watts each

Take back everything I said lol

I hooked my single sa12 up again and it sounds great but the xfls you can feel in your chest. Again nothing wrong at all with the sa12 it's just not dual xfls.

I do believe the sa12 hits lower because of the box it's in. The same notes in a song rumble lower with sa12 but not as forcefully as the xfls if that makes any sense.

The fact that I ain't selling the sa12 even though I'm not using it says enough about it's quality

Since 800 watts will not push the Sa12 great. I'm considering going with 1200 watts rms instead. Should I be worried about damaging a Sundown sa12 d4 with a kicker 1200.1 amp running it? It will be ran daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.