Right amp for 2 MTX subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I just got 2 MTX Thunder4000 4 ohm 12' subs and built a custom box for them. I want to install them in my Suburban but have no idea what kind of amp and crossover combination to get. I also want to be able to add more components later if I have to. Above all, I need to be able they need to be affordable. So, if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

RMS=200 watts

total power handling=400 watts

NOTE: I have no idea what the hell I am doing. And know next to nothing on circuitry as my knowledge is limited to simple circuits.

if its cheap your looking for go to ubid.com i just bought a sony xplod 1000 watt amp for 49 bucks and it works great try bidding at the last second to get the best deals

I'm looking at hooking them up to a Audiobahn A8001D 800w 1ch Class D Amp. Is this a good idea or is there something else that would substitute better? I can get Audiobahn amps cheap but I don't know the track record or how it will pair with the subs I have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.