Ridiculous ideas for more HP?

cut your vaccuum line, put a t nozzle on it. it raises your boost, pretty much a MBC with the ability to adjust.......to do this u get a smaller/bigger T
A MBC is adjustable... Manual Boost Controller... so one with the ability to adjust is just a MBC, nothing special.

I know of a lot of good MBC's for 45-60$. A lot of the GN guys use these, and they work great, I even have one on my car.

Itll work on your car too,so dont worry.

the t-fitting free mod is a joke imo. if you have to be so cheap and can't even buy a cheap MBC for like 25 bucks then you don't need to work on a car. Buy a good MBC for around 50 bucks and go to town.

Cut off that airbox and put Cone filter on it (bootleg sort ram intake) Thats what i did on my talon, and it werkd very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Nooooo! Stock volvo air boxes can handle > 400 HP. Open the box up, rip the foam out, use nice volvo air filters... but don't repleace the airbox, it won't help.

I highly suggest you go to turbobricks.com, they know what they are doing (although they primarily work on the Volvo 4 cyl's, theres a few 960 people around. They'll be able to give you great advice... I have a 940 with a B230FT, here's what I plan on doing first:

Boost gauge

Air/Fuel gauge

MBC

move up to ~12 PSI boost

3" exhaust

Those are going to be my first mods, they'll net you the most HP the quickest. After this (once I have cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif), I'd do a beefier turbo, upgraded injectors, suspension mods, brakes, and only once that's all done, would I even begin to mess with the head/headers etc, as there's not really all that much to be gained there. But again, turbobricks.com will give you all the info you need.

What octane do you run?

Because...

You want power? Here is a good 20+hp.. Get a MBC, get a KR(detontaion) gauge, turn up the boost 2 or 3 psi, start to run 2-3 points higher octane(so if you run 87,start to run 91).

A PSI is usually about 6-10hp gain. Theres where your power is gonna be. Up the boost,up the octane, watch for knock.

What octane do you run?
Because...

You want power? Here is a good 20+hp.. Get a MBC, get a KR(detontaion) gauge, turn up the boost 2 or 3 psi, start to run 2-3 points higher octane(so if you run 87,start to run 91).

A PSI is usually about 6-10hp gain. Theres where your power is gonna be. Up the boost,up the octane, watch for knock.

If your increasing boost at all on the volvo's (or any turbo I assume) - ALWAYS run the most octane you can get, 91-93. Boris over at turbobricks sells a knock detector kit, basically sets off a light if your knocking, although volvos will retard timing if they sense knock. Stock volvo turbo's are only good to 15 PSI (and that's the upper limit) - after that you'll need a bigger turbo, as the little ones stock start to superheat the charge air... Also, you'll be running out of fuel by 15 PSI, if not before.

doesnt work. save yourself the money.

i think it toggles with the air sensor? to require to intake in more air than needed. which doesnt mean max performance because its more than the engine/car could handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.