Ridiculous ideas for more HP?

AznRevlAzn
10+ year member

otaku
well on ebay i was searching for new tails for my VOlvo 960. Don;t ask why. Anyways, i stumbled upon an ebay auction for a chip that will raise my HP by 7 maybe 10 HP. I find this rediculous because the chip looks likea resistor and all you do is place it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=7962056099&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

ow i find id hard to believe that something that looks like resistor will up my HP by 7-10 HP. If it works then yeah i'll get it.

Also, will something like this raise my HP at all? I don't care if it's a fart cannon or not just as long as it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961863410&category=33636

If none of the above work, what can i do to my 93 Volvo 960 to raise it's HP?

take a co2 tank mounted inverted and run a line from it to a nozzle at the front of your intercooler it will freeze it and considerably lower your intake air temp. retarded for everyday driving but it would work well for a little boost in a drag.

Cut off that airbox and put Cone filter on it (bootleg sort ram intake) Thats what i did on my talon, and it werkd very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Cut off that airbox and put Cone filter on it (bootleg sort ram intake) Thats what i did on my talon, and it werkd very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
i've been thinking about doing that! but i don't know which new air filters to get thats the problem.

the chip is supposed to fool the engine into thinking it is always getting cold air....waste of money

the exhaust is gonna be pretty much pointless without headers, downpipe and full exhaust, and even then if your car is not turbo, there really is no reason to give up that back pressure.

and cone filter should work on your car, you just might need to make an adapter of some sort, not really sure on volvos....but an intake will be the cheapest way to add power, although it could range for 2-3 hp up to 10-15hp.

if it was me and i wanted more pep, i would put an intake, headers, downpipe and 2-1/4" piping to exhaust (if not turbo), for the best gains

what engine is in the car, maybe i could help a little more and be more specific if i know that, let me know, thanks

if you would put an intake on it and then at least some sort of cat-back you are gona raise by about 10 horses. Then add the header(s) and you should come close to your goal. Then you could get a MBC and turn the boost up a little bit.

More HP> More fuel/air. Your first move should include an intake / exhaust. That's my echo, repetition is crucial for those who procrastinate. (first-hand experience)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.