Reviews on the JL CleanSweep CL441

Participant count
  • Participant list

btdickey99
5,000+ posts

I Hate the Tarheels
I jut wanted some reviews of what people think of the JL CleanSweep? Has it worked for tremendously, and also what is comparible to it if anything? Pro's and con's of both of those? I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say about it!

Thanks

I jut wanted some reviews of what people think of the JL CleanSweep? Has it worked for tremendously, and also what is comparable to it if anything? Pro's and con's of both of those? I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say about it!
Thanks

JL had a good idea with the CleanSweep, but I dont think they thought it all the way through in terms of tuning abilities. I had one attempting to keep the OEM look on my 06 Titan and was disappointed with the poor sound quality and lack of tuning. The 3sixty took that concept and ran with it, esp. with the newer model 3sixty thats available now.

The CS did flatten out all the signals, but not 100%. Having had several different systems in the past, the audible difference between the CS and a decent head unit was very obvious. Several of my friends in the car audio business said the same and that it sounded terrible at high volumes to me. Needless to say it was replaced by a Pioneer 880 and I couldnt be happier. I was going to invest in a separate EQ, but with that factored in I just stuck with the 880.

Bottom line is, get the 3sixty if you have a fancy screen/navigation deal in your vehicle and if you dont then get a aftermarket head unit. Unless JL makes a CS like the 3sixty dont bother with it IMHO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.