reverse polarity

Participant count
  • Participant list

SkyHolder

Im guessing someone has did this same thing. I have no excuse but, not paying attention to what I was doing. I connected my Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD in dash player with reverse polarity, It sparked a bit and now it does not work. Does this mean its trash or can I salvage it ? Actually what had happened I was changing coach batteries in my motorhome from a single 12v deep cycle to, two 6v golf cart batteries. The radio was hooked to a hot wire so it would play with out the key on. The battery cables were not identified well (red and black) and they were installed in reverse. When the cable sparked I realized my mistake. Now I need to have it repaired or buy a new one. Does anyone know what I might have blown out, maybe a fuse. I appreciate any assistance to this problem.

There should be an online fuse behind the deck on the power wire try that. If not time for a new one. This is why I like color coding with heat shrink of the wires are the same color.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.