Reverse not triggering HU to go into backup cam input

Participant count
  • Participant list

DRBagabundo

Hey all, I have a 06 Kia Sedona minivan that I installed a JVC KWV20BT into. Installation was pretty straight forward.

I installed a $20 ebay backup camera into the rear bumper and ran it to power on when the reverse lights are triggered. On the other end I connected the reverse signal wire and the power and grounds as normal.

What's happening is the HU isn't going into the reverse cam input when I put it in reverse, I have to manually select the input. The camera does not get any power to it unless I put the van in reverse so I believe my wiring is fine.

Could it be that the voltage is too low and this is not sending enough "juice" to the HU to make it go in reverse? Should I try a relay?

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.