REQ and all other koda owners...

GCAdidas13
10+ year member

heh.
...that have not had the opportunity to hear them yet...

THEY ARE AWESOME

as i found out today, they dont even need highpassed. completely serious

i tested at full volume: late night tip, get low, salt shaker, and usher-yeah and they were fluckin rediculous.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

somewhere between 200 and 300

the knob isn't too informational on the xover where it crosses the frequencies... it's got an empty dial with no detents and on one end is 30, the other is 600, i'm half way.

it's rediculous how good this sounds. just not enough sub bass...

and jeesh the koda pods aren't even done, they are no where near sealed... when i push on the cone the only restoring force is the spider (aka there is no air pressure increase to push the cone back out)

woot. gotta finish those this week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Where are the pics?
You post a thread about how good a speaker sounds, yet provide no pictures...*shakes head*
Naturally, they are on my progress log.

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1017607&posted=1#post1017607

what crossover slopes? and do you have any test cds?
i'm pretty sure the PG crossover that I am using is 12 db/octave. The only test cd I have is Euphoric Midnight Bass, disc 4.

The koda 8's hit the higher frequencies on that disc (like from 60-80 hz) really, REALLY well.

and sorry for spamming this, but i need an answer to this question:

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106838

Thanks

purchased all three. why not? what else would i need?

and i guess i need some help distinguishing where i need to swap polarities to bring my stage up to the glass. my very experienced friend told me that my midrange is on the floor, but my kodas and tweeters are imaged well.

$42 for all three discs, after shipping.

Thanks a lot, Audiolife.

those discs will make it VERY easy to do that with. after you tune it go back and listen to your favorite music i think you will be in shock of how far you were off even though you thought it was good lol

yeah i noticed that... when you are eqing a system and you're listening to it constantly it's really hard to get it right, because your ear adjusts to what you're listening to. i found it best to do it for ~15 minutes, then walk away, come back ~15 minutes later and see how bad i messed up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GCAdidas13

10+ year member
heh.
GCAdidas13
Grove City, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date