Replacing stock speakers in my 2014 Ford Fusion SE

Participant count
  • Participant list

rusnew2

Ok here is the deal, I just purchased a used 2014 Ford Fusion SE. It is completely stock at the moment. I do not want to replace the head unit. It is the Ford My Touch system with NAV etc... it is the system right under the Sony Upgrade.

My listening style is mostly Country, Classic Rock, Rock and every now and then some Rap Hip Hop (but not that often).

Currently I want to replace the stock speakers without an amp right now (but will add an AMP if absolutely necessary).

later I will add a sub for lows but right now my main concern is replacing the stock speakers with better quality. My current budget is around $200, I can squeeze a little more if an amp is needed.

Looking for advise on what speakers are good factory replacements right now and any insight any other Ford Fusion owners have to offer on the process of things.

I have been out of the Car Audio game for about 20 years, I have not changed speakers out or built a system since I was in my 20's (I am 43 now). When I built my last system I used Rockford Fosgate for all my mids and highs and used Orion XTR Extreme 10"s for my subs in an 1992 s-10 with an old Punch 150 amp pushing them.

I am looking to get the best SQ I can out of my factory replacements. preferably some very nice quality that will run without an AMP for now until I can get one later.

if u just wanta replace speakers some peeps like alpine but really many coax are similar.. most guys here will tell u that u need an amp to make them sound good but really i think u need amp for hp over to block bass below 60hz so they don't distort.. i am running my door speakers off the hu but it's a kenwood x301 with adjustable hp xover on it and they sound fine (to me at least) if u just replace peakers may not sound great but depends on the hu that u have some to.. u could get nicer front speaker say $100 comp set and a good $100 amp and leave rears for now or get cheap rears to just run off hu or amp them too (i just pulled my rears u really don't need them once u get sub most of us don't use them at all)

Ok here is the deal, I just purchased a used 2014 Ford Fusion SE. It is completely stock at the moment. I do not want to replace the head unit. It is the Ford My Touch system with NAV etc... it is the system right under the Sony Upgrade.
My listening style is mostly Country, Classic Rock, Rock and every now and then some Rap Hip Hop (but not that often).

Currently I want to replace the stock speakers without an amp right now (but will add an AMP if absolutely necessary).

later I will add a sub for lows but right now my main concern is replacing the stock speakers with better quality. My current budget is around $200, I can squeeze a little more if an amp is needed.

Looking for advise on what speakers are good factory replacements right now and any insight any other Ford Fusion owners have to offer on the process of things.

I have been out of the Car Audio game for about 20 years, I have not changed speakers out or built a system since I was in my 20's (I am 43 now). When I built my last system I used Rockford Fosgate for all my mids and highs and used Orion XTR Extreme 10"s for my subs in an 1992 s-10 with an old Punch 150 amp pushing them.

I am looking to get the best SQ I can out of my factory replacements. preferably some very nice quality that will run without an AMP for now until I can get one later.
stick with your stock speakers. Its pointless if you dont add a digital sound processor with amps. 100% chance that you'll make things worse. Head units have a built in EQ curve that you cannot adjust or tweak, its in there with loads of EQ boosts to make up for the crappy stock speakers so in hindsight the stock head unit and speakers were ideally built for eachother. Now aftermarkets were made to be ran with a flat signal to them and adjust eq after. However with a stock head unit EQ curve placed onto them, you are gonna get unnecessary peaks in the sound. To shorten all that up, swapping speakers alone will more than likely make your whole setup sound like sh*t.

Save up for when you can do an actual digital sound processor like an alpine pxa h800 or audison bit one, or helix dsp pro etc... plus amp, door treatments+deadening, speakers and do it all at once.

stop recommending junk. His stock speakers and amp are superior to what you are recommending. Have you even sat in a ford fusion and heard its stock setup yet? It'll destroy everything you've listed so far. This isnt some ghetto beater car. There is a lot more work involved to get a real sound upgrade with these newer cars. Done wrong and its a massive downgrade.

I don't have the Sony System. My system is the one just before the Sony Upgrade
IF its not the sony, I'd add an amplifier to your setup first. Those stock speakers will change completely sound quality wise with more power vs the weak head unit's 3-5 watts per channel. Yes the stock speakers will handle a lot of power if you use the high pass filter option on the amp. You can get a 5 channel amp and power up all stock speakers and add a sub at the same time.

Would this amp be able to be mounted up under the dash? or is it too big for that? If I put an AMP in for my stock speakers ideally I would want to mount it under the dash maybe to the inside of the firewall behind the dash area so that I could possibly use the existing wiring for the stock speakers.

When you initially said to possibly just get an amp for my stock speakers I started looking around. I thought about this one also just to run the stock speakers (not a sub).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T163SY/ref=twister_B00BIDK1WU?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Is RF still a contender with their Punch line? or have they fallen off?

Part of this is also that the stock head unit does not have any pre-amp outputs so I will need a good Line Out Converter also

Would this amp be able to be mounted up under the dash? or is it too big for that? If I put an AMP in for my stock speakers ideally I would want to mount it under the dash maybe to the inside of the firewall behind the dash area so that I could possibly use the existing wiring for the stock speakers.
When you initially said to possibly just get an amp for my stock speakers I started looking around. I thought about this one also just to run the stock speakers (not a sub).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T163SY/ref=twister_B00BIDK1WU?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Is RF still a contender with their Punch line? or have they fallen off?

Part of this is also that the stock head unit does not have any pre-amp outputs so I will need a good Line Out Converter also
Its weak and overpriced, nothing other than the BD and BDCP series are worth talking about when it comes to RF amps. That amp I listed has a reputation for lasting long, handling abuse and putting out good clean power not to mentioned passing all amplifier dyno tests with flying colors doing rated power. You can mount the amp under the passenger seat as well. Just check the dimensions and go under your seat or dash and measure. I'm pretty sure it should fit somewhere, the amp is fairly small for a 5 channel.

Yes you'll need something to grab signal off the speaker levels

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.