Replacing stock 8 ohm speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got a new 2015 chevy spark 1LT with the mylink factory deck. The stock front speakers are a pair of 4in 2way that say 8 ohm 40w rms. My question is can i replace them with a 4 ohm speaker? Will this put a higher load on the stock head unit? Will it cause sooner clipping?

It wont cause clipping sooner, a clean wave is a clean wave. What it might do is overload the amp. Or it might not.
Ok thats what i was thinking, i was just wondering if anybody had done it themselfs firsthand. In the future i plan on using a high-low converter off the rear channels for a bass amp and mabey a 4ch later on.

Ok thats what i was thinking, i was just wondering if anybody had done it themselfs firsthand. In the future i plan on using a high-low converter off the rear channels for a bass amp and mabey a 4ch later on.
Do a mono amp for lows, and 2ch... amp for fronts. I'd just use the headunit power to fill in the rear. Just a suggestion to possibly save some money and sound good.

Do a mono amp for lows, and 2ch... amp for fronts. I'd just use the headunit power to fill in the rear. Just a suggestion to possibly save some money and sound good.
I was actually thinking of running a 4ch amp and using the rear 2ch for bass at 4ohmx1, and the front 2ch for all 4 highs at 2ohmx2. But if the stock hu can power my highs good enough then i just need a mono for bass ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.