Replacing my sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

hOBOJoE

MD
Hello all. A little under a year ago I purchased the Visonik V123BP, and recently I have blown out one of the subs in it. I would like to replace the blown one (and eventually the other one) with more powerfull subs.

What I need help with is being able to tell if the sub I want will fit inside my box. I have been looking at the Visonik V1268D4 subwoofer and would like to purchase and replace my blown sub with this.

I have measured the amount of depth of where the subs sit to be a little under 9". The deapth for the V1268D4 is 6.33", so I figure that it will fit but I dont know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif Can someone help me? Thanks.

ok well, you might as well go ahead and have fun with the other visonik sub while it lasts, then just throw everything away , that box would most likely (95%) sound like pure **** on any sub you put in it, unless you sealed up the ports and put in a sub that likes small sealed boxes... i suggest an alpine type s or e considering your somewhat on a budget (since your lookin at visonik)

Thanks for the suggestions but it doesn't really matter to me, I liked the quality of the subs I had, and I just was being stupid and put all 300watts into them after using them for a few hours. Plus I don't want to put much money into this, I just moved out so I gotta save it.

Just wondering, why would the box sound like **** if I put another sub in it? The structure inside seems durable, but I have never put a box together so I have no idea.

And back to my original question, would that sub fit in there? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the suggestions but it doesn't really matter to me, I liked the quality of the subs I had, and I just was being stupid and put all 300watts into them after using them for a few hours. Plus I don't want to put much money into this, I just moved out so I gotta save it.
Just wondering, why would the box sound like **** if I put another sub in it? The structure inside seems durable, but I have never put a box together so I have no idea.

And back to my original question, would that sub fit in there? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the box you have is bandpass and is probably tuned really high and if you put another sub in there it would probably sound like poo, but you can try it and if you like it well thats all that matters

the box you have is bandpass and is probably tuned really high and if you put another sub in there it would probably sound like poo, but you can try it and if you like it well thats all that matters
Hrm ok, so what I gather from this is that since the box I have has the 4 holes on the top it would change what I hear? Sorry, I don't know what bandpass is and I just did a google search and iddn't figure out much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.