Replaced speakers... still sound very crackly ----> Head unit amp blown??!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Weeznur32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seattle
Hey everyone,

So I changed out the front 6X8 speakers in my ford focus. It has a stock blaupunkt head unit. When I put the new speakers in... (of course I put the door panels back on before testing)...they sounded just as bad as the ones I thought were blown!

Basically, both the front and back speakers on the left sound sound crackly and terrible and the ones on the right sound just fine.

Does this mean I just need to replace the head unit?

Thanks!

possibly or there is a grounded out wire somewhere
Can you elaborate on this?

I am tech savvy and have done a lot of car audio installs. Just not sure what to look for, where to look for it, and how to test?

Thanks in advance.

You could take a multimeter and see if you have continuity between your individual speaker wire and ground. Simply take one lead and touch the wire, touch the other lead to the door or whatever preferably bare metal. Set the meter to ohms and it should read ol or open line. If it is a short in the wire it will say something like .01 or whatever

Can you elaborate on this?
I am tech savvy and have done a lot of car audio installs. Just not sure what to look for, where to look for it, and how to test?

Thanks in advance.
usually a crackling sound from the speakers is from a bare wire rubbing against metal somewhere ,if its the whole side ,then its very possible its the deck having issues .you need to check visually as best as you can all the wires for the speakers ,check anywhere that they are close to metal for bare wire ,if nothing is found then try replacing the deck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.